Introduce Yourself to the Forum A good place to "dip your toe in the pool". Let the other forums know your connection/interest in Baja...

Old 02-18-10, 02:45 PM   #41
ELINVESTIG8R

ELINVESTIG8R is on a distinguished road

Default Re: My name is Josie - but call me Jo

That person, who shall remain nameless, just confirmed for me that they are the most evil and despicable person I have had the displeasure of seeing on the other site. I saw what they wrote and lost my mind with the anger that welled up inside of my soul. But, because the thread was about that the poor ladies husband's medical issue I kept it to a dull roar. Some day this inhuman monster will surface and will be known to all. If that person is reading this and you are a man please e-mail me and let me know where we can meet. My e-mail address is over on the other site. I want to say hello to you!

Ron I’m sorry you were put through that crap. Just know you have friends out here in the world.

David
Old 02-18-10, 02:51 PM   #42
wessongroup

wessongroup is on a distinguished road

Marine, go to the window....
Old 02-18-10, 02:52 PM   #43
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELINVESTIG8R
Ron I’m sorry you were put through that crap. Just know you have friends out here in the world.

David
Thanks my brother - I received a ton of messages and emails from folks all supporting me and expressing sentiments quite similar to yours. It is nice to know you have friends and as far as I am concerned I am just going to avoid the other site for awhile. That "nameless" person as you call them, is just too full of hate and venom and I have too many positive things going on right now to let them try and drag me down. Ignoring them is probably the best medicine anyway and what will irritate them the most...

Old 02-18-10, 02:57 PM   #44
wessongroup

Here too

Wiley
Old 02-18-10, 03:40 PM   #45
Bajahowodd

Bajahowodd is an unknown quantity at this point

Ron- You are well aware of and did intervene when that person attacked me on that site. They have gone after many folk, not just with abusive language, but by posting what one would consider personal information, such as when someone lives or their occupation. Having seen so many people attacked by that person, and witnessed other posters complaining about this person, I just have to wonder, given that people are seemingly banned regularly over there, why Doug hasn't pulled the plug. Sure, I know they will just come back with a different identity, But, geez, it would seem to me to be worth the hassle just to get the satisfaction of doing it. Or might he fear legal reprisal, given that person's occupation?? Consider this a rhetorical exercise, should you care not to comment.
Old 02-18-10, 04:13 PM   #46
BajaGringo

I really can't answer that question other than to say I totally agree with you. Problem is that it is not my call. Doug has his rules for his forum and I have mine.

Access to news archives, genealogy sites like Ancestry.com and others gives you a wealth of info on folks including birth, baptism, marriage, census, death, newspaper articles, obituaries and more. All they need is some snippet of info you give them somewhere, sometime like if you use the same username on other sites, an email address posted, where you worked or in what field etc. With only that and via google and the online resources (even craigslist!) you can come up with all kinds of info. Folks who like to take advantage of that kind of tactic to use on a forum to "scare" others who might disagree with them are basically cowards. I could play the game too if I wanted but it just isn't something I find entertaining. Obviously they do and further demonstrates what a truly empty and otherwise unfulfilled life they must lead.

I agree with Josie - folks like this are the type you will find living in a seedy trailer or renting the room over the garage from mom. Expose them and you discover the Great Wizard of Oz...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajahowodd
Ron- You are well aware of and did intervene when that person attacked me on that site. They have gone after many folk, not just with abusive language, but by posting what one would consider personal information, such as when someone lives or their occupation. Having seen so many people attacked by that person, and witnessed other posters complaining about this person, I just have to wonder, given that people are seemingly banned regularly over there, why Doug hasn't pulled the plug. Sure, I know they will just come back with a different identity, But, geez, it would seem to me to be worth the hassle just to get the satisfaction of doing it. Or might he fear legal reprisal, given that person's occupation?? Consider this a rhetorical exercise, should you care not to comment.
Old 02-18-10, 04:33 PM   #47
Bajahowodd

Bajahowodd is an unknown quantity at this point

Red face Re: My name is Josie - but call me Jo

Since I live in a seedy trailer that has no hookups, I use the bathroom over mom's garage. I'm insulted.
Old 02-18-10, 04:35 PM   #48
BajaGringo

Old 02-18-10, 07:06 PM   #49
Marty Cortez

Marty Cortez is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wessongroup
Marty, see some facial similarities .. With the guy? in the photo and your avatar..
ChrIsT; I AM wearing an earring...

Good eyes, wesson!
Old 02-18-10, 07:29 PM   #50
wessongroup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Cortez
ChrIsT; I AM wearing an earring...

Good eyes, wesson!
Well, thanks for sharing your vacation picture with us... looks like you enjoyed your self
Old 02-18-10, 07:29 PM   #51
longlegsinlapaz

longlegsinlapaz is on a distinguished road

Well, since Josie's introduction thread has now been totally hijacked all over hell's half acre....are some of you now getting a tiny little glimmer of understanding about my "rant" asking those who know my real name to please respect my wishes that it not be used in public posts? he/she/it can be vicious enough & cause pain & disclose private information in cyber-stalking land. Try to imagine someone like he/she/it showing up at your (my) front door. It is NOT pleasant & does not really promote a feeling of safety in my own home!

I actually had second thoughts about posting finished pics of the outside of my casa, but I refuse to live in fear of some wacko!

signed: Guido Rottwiler

Last edited by longlegsinlapaz; 02-19-10 at 07:06 AM. Reason: typo....thanks Marty!
Old 02-18-10, 07:49 PM   #52
wessongroup

It wasn't me, I didn't use Gertrude once and heck I found your place using Google Earth.. no one in the pool, but... did see some cement bags..
Old 02-18-10, 08:19 PM   #53
Marty Cortez

Marty Cortez is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by longlegsinlapaz
...he/she/it can be viscous enough & cause pain & disclose private information in cyber-stalking land...
You must be referring to the troll on the other board; no?

I don't think they're viscous; in fact I'd say they're downright slippery.

Vicious, certainly. The standard M.O. is being affronted, followed by a furious Googlestalk, then an as-nasty-as-possible characterization/embellishment of the results.
Old 02-18-10, 08:26 PM   #54
La Guera

La Guera is on a distinguished road

So I take it you have been dealing with this "entity" for awhile now? And hijacks are ok as long as I get to choose the shoes!
Old 02-18-10, 08:45 PM   #55
Teniente

Teniente is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Try to imagine someone like he/she/it showing up at your (my) front door........

I actually had second thoughts about posting finished pics of the outside of my casa, but I refuse to live in fear of some wacko!

signed: Guido Rottwiler

Legs....er, Guido......those type of "people" have been known to end up in a dumpster in some dark alley with Louisville Slugger imprinted on their forehead.............
Old 02-18-10, 08:58 PM   #56
DENNIS

DENNIS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
asking those who know my real name to please respect my wishes that it not be used in public posts
Whatever you say, Gus.
Old 02-18-10, 09:14 PM   #57
La Guera

Who is Gus?
Old 02-18-10, 10:07 PM   #58
DENNIS

DENNIS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Guera
Who is Gus?
Quote:
asking those who know my real name to please respect my wishes that it not be used in public posts
----------------

Can't tell ya. It's a secret.
Old 02-18-10, 10:08 PM   #59
wessongroup

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Guera
So I take it you have been dealing with this "entity" for awhile now? And hijacks are ok as long as I get to choose the shoes!
Old 02-19-10, 12:50 PM   #60
La Guera

OK, D____S, then what should we call you???

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENNIS
Quote:
----------------

Can't tell ya. It's a secret.