Baja Photo Uploads / Trip Reports Pics from your road trips, fishing and camping adventures. Baja Dogs are welcome...

Old 09-02-10, 10:03 AM   #41
longlegsinlapaz

longlegsinlapaz is on a distinguished road

Default Re: PURE BAJA ~ Baja Creatures & Critters

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaGringo
Each of our Siamese has gotten out for a day or two and they both found their own way home. They just came walking in like it was no big deal and couldn't understand all the fuss.

Maybe it's something like a kitty-kat walkabout.

Is he neutered? If not maybe he got a better offer???

Hoping for the best...
Naw, I haven't seen him since the evening of Friday August 28th & he was outside my property then. That stray dog that I couldn't keep outside my gates freaked him out, plus during the day there is a LOT of heavy equipment working to screw up the vista of my sunset pic hill, so either the lack of peace & tranquility drove him off....or he coulda tangled with a badass coyote or jack rabbit. He chases jack rabbits half again his size!! I never said he was a genius!

Yes, he was neutered....early in fact, at 5 1/2 months....because of his propensity to roam from a very early age. I was hoping that it might curb his drive to be a nomadic type....WRONG!

The only resident here who will be happy is my conure who will enjoy a little freedom outside his cage for the first time in 3+ years. When Bing was a tiny little poop, smaller than the bird, he used to try to scale the horizontal wire cage to try to figure out how he could get to the bird!

There's still a slim chance he'll show up....BUT....I'm not holding my breath! On the up side, I haven't seen a flock of turkey vultures circling in the vicinity, so there may still be hope!!

Wessongroup, as you say, it is what it is....yes, I'm sad & miss the little blighter, but he'll either come back or not.

Dusty, I did send a message to B & D along with a pic to see whether or not they know if he's been a self-invited dinnertime visitor. No word back yet. The workers in Hacienda Palo Verdes must think this is one really loco gringa....outside beating the bushes & calling Bing, Bing, Bing!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bing 4 weeks (4).jpg

Views:	56

Size:	606.0 KB

ID:	2093  

Last edited by longlegsinlapaz; 09-02-10 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Out damn typo!
Old 09-02-10, 03:24 PM   #42
wessongroup

wessongroup is on a distinguished road

Hope the little stinker shows back up... like the shot of the eye's... best wishes for a happy ending..
Old 09-03-10, 07:22 AM   #43
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Still no news on Bing???

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 09-03-10, 07:28 AM   #44
longlegsinlapaz

Nope!
Old 11-09-12, 04:54 PM   #45
Uzun

Uzun is on a distinguished road

That pink lizard at the top of the thread is pretty rare. It's a Mexican Mole Lizard and doesn't have much of a range, and it's very hard to find. Probably not that many around regardless, or they just aren't ever found.
Old 11-09-12, 07:47 PM   #46
longlegsinlapaz

WOW!! Thanks for that identification Uzun!!! I'd have thanked you sooner, but I rushed off to Google "Mexican Mole Lizard". I'd have never thought it was in the lizard family! But then I've never seen a worm with feet, let alone front only. That's the only one I've ever seen & none of the workers had ever seen one before. It appeared in the dirt pile of deep excavation of a 17,000 liter cistern....so it must prefer a pretty deep environment rather than close to the surface.