Baja News Wire Latest News from Baja California, Mexico

Old 06-25-10, 10:44 PM   #21
Msterieus

Msterieus is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: U.S. administration appeals decision blocking drill ban (Reuters)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaGringo
Explain that to these guys...
I can't (explain it), and seeing these poor animals is heart-wrenching. :sad:
Old 06-26-10, 01:03 PM   #22
Bajahowodd

Bajahowodd is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty
I've heard and read figures that the shut down idles double digit thousands (20-25) of employees related to the 33 drilling rigs. Looks like the low end of the salary range for these people is about 75K. Another "rule of thumb" that plays is that a wealth producing (growing, manufacturing or mining) support about three service type employees...barbers to bankers types. So economically it would be a very big hit for that region.

I won't dispute what you've read. It just seems to me that it might be a case of figures not lying but liars figuring. Seems like a huge number.
Old 06-26-10, 10:32 PM   #23
wessongroup

wessongroup is on a distinguished road

Not to worry.. sure there is a new agency in the wings.. hell, we just got a new one for "finance".. sure that will take care of all concerns, past, present and future .. and the same for the off shore drilling.....

must say.. have seen my share of death and destruction.. from just normal everyday operations in Agricultural and Chemical Industry.. and they operate much the same as all other Industry's, be it in the Gulf of Mexico or Bophal India..

Progress is made, but... the overall risks associated with maintaining society at the levels which we do... one cannot expect to not have these kinds of problems, when dealing with the overall scope of "production" and "delivery" of such large quantities of raw and/or processed materials over such vast distances and under such tremendous variables from both on and off site of production of same.

We know a lot, but as we can see .... what we know does not always get transmitted, and /or implemented no matter how many "check boxes" on the inspection form.. and/or forms

Not giving anyone a pass on this... its their job, and it happened on their watch, so take a big bite ...

however it does get to a point, that being the increasing diffuculty to insure everything works with out any problems and to a point which may exceed our ability to deal with these issues, due to the size of the problem, not sure in some case we can take care of some of all the issues which may arise... while getting us what we want... daily

It takes huge amounts of effort to get it all to the table ... and to "flip" the switch for our lights, flush the water.. all the things that the United States requires daily..

Not sure how one can insure that all players on the court, will stay within the lines, and the line calls will not always allow for future difficulties..

Industrial accidents happen, and over the years they have just continued to increase in scope and overall impact to levels which are ...........

Not sure how big is big anymore.. and its not over... yet