Baja News Wire Latest News from Baja California, Mexico

Old 08-06-10, 03:42 PM   #21
Bajahowodd

Bajahowodd is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: US Senate passes border security boost (AFP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENNIS
Hey Howard....ask and you shall receive.
Methinks I feel a yank on my chain, Dennis. And it wasn't you. I guess if the shoe fits....
Old 08-08-10, 01:03 PM   #22
Msterieus

Msterieus is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: US Senate passes border security boost (AFP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajahowodd
The FDR reference won't fly. Roosevelt's mother named him after her favorite uncle who had ties to the Mayflower. Roosevelt virtually used his middle name or initial from childhood. Show me an instance where the current president has used his middle name or initial. Between the fact that his middle name easily conjures up thoughts of Arabs or Muslims and the constant din of personal attacks over issues such as his country of birth ( Limbaugh just made a remark about questioning how anyone could know if the other day was really his birthday).....

I have no problem with educated and informed people taking issue with his politics or policies. But it just seems to me that the background level of attack on ephemeral personal issues is just plain wrong.

As for the border thing. A segment of our populace has somehow managed to conflate a number of seemingly unrelated issues believing that there is strength in numbers. Why is it that the self same people who rant loudest about illegal immigration also involve themselves in issues ranging from anti-gay rights, anti-pro- choice, anti tax? some strange bedfellows.
I'm in total agreement with you, Odd. However, if you expect all those on forums who take issue with his politics or policies to be "educated and informed," prepare to be disappointed!