General Discussion If it's Baja Related but Don't Know Where? Post it Here...

Old 08-13-10, 11:48 AM   #41
DENNIS

DENNIS is on a distinguished road

Default Re: TALK (about) BAJA???

That's what I like most about you, David. Your modesty prohibits you from constantly talking about yourself.

And this..."So, hate me if you must"...........You poor baby.
No one hates you David....any more than they hate ants. It's just that when they're around, they're everywhere and the only thing one can do is get rid of them.
Old 08-13-10, 02:10 PM   #42
bajabass

bajabass is on a distinguished road

My Gawd! Like dissecting a frog in high school biology Legs! Hey David, I really do believe you love Baja. No B.S. !! I think you should sell everything and move on down. The "knot-hole" effect is obvious in many of your posts. I have always believed in living it, not talking about it.
No, living in Baja does not make you better than those that don't. Smarter? Maybe. Happier. Of Course! Living in Baja will give a totally different perspective on what it is like to be there, 24/7/365! Oh, by the way, my first trip to Baja was summer of 73. I have had a house in La Mision since about 2003.
In 2007 I married a beautiful Mexican lady, and brought her here to O.C. We hate it here, we are leaving!
I have driven up and down dozens of times, have family on both coasts. I know Baja, but I don't try to tell others what their Baja, or their Baja website should be about to THEM.
I am selling everything and moving to La Paz. My wife is already there and working. That is what is right for me!
Even if you do the same, your Baja will always be different than mine.
Old 08-13-10, 02:24 PM   #43
Bajahowodd

Bajahowodd is an unknown quantity at this point

Two words:

Baja savant.
Old 08-13-10, 02:26 PM   #44
noproblemo

noproblemo is on a distinguished road

Baja is to the each what their eyes see and their hearts feel, Everyone has "their" Baja and if they choose to share that experience fine, but just don't "preach" that yours is the only vision because it is not. Being here full time or as a part timer makes no difference in how we each feel. We are here because we CHOOSE to be.
Old 08-13-10, 04:16 PM   #45
ELINVESTIG8R

ELINVESTIG8R is on a distinguished road

My Baja is Mama Espinoza and the ghosts of Rancho El Metate in the San Juan de Dios Mountain.
Old 08-13-10, 05:12 PM   #46
DENNIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by noproblemo
Baja is to the each what their eyes see and their hearts feel, Everyone has "their" Baja and if they choose to share that experience fine, but just don't "preach" that yours is the only vision because it is not. Being here full time or as a part timer makes no difference in how we each feel. We are here because we CHOOSE to be.

Very cool thoughts, NP. Thanks for all of it.. You, and MsTerious seem to get it.. Thanks.
Old 08-13-10, 05:19 PM   #47
Bajahowodd

Bajahowodd is an unknown quantity at this point

It's universal. Some folks are hell bent to impose their ideas and thoughts on others. This may actually be a Rodney King moment. Can't we all get along?
Old 08-13-10, 05:31 PM   #48
DENNIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajabass

No, living in Baja does not make you better than those that don't.
He knows that. He's just frustrated because he lives in an area that is overrun with illegals and he can't converse with them because he spends too much time with his library and not enough time with his employees.
I would think anybody with as much time in Mexico would be able to ask for whatever in the local way.

He'll be alright. I like the good parts of the man........if he would just teach those who want to be taught and not those he thinks need to be taught.

It's just BAJA, David. Re. Lax.
Old 08-13-10, 05:33 PM   #49
DENNIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajahowodd
It's universal. Some folks are hell bent to impose their ideas and thoughts on others. This may actually be a Rodney King moment. Can't we all get along?
You tell me.....
Old 08-13-10, 06:06 PM   #50
DENNIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msterieus

There are lots of "inside jokes" on this forum. Usually, I just scratch my head and look forward to the day that I might be one of the insiders. :

You are, and have been there. Some have noted your quality of discourse here, correctly, but it seems, since our misunderstanding, and my nasty over-reaction to you on Nomad....you have become impotent. You have put out your own fire.

I wish you would return with the enthusiasm you had before.

Com'n get it......please.
Old 08-13-10, 06:10 PM   #51
David K

David K is on a distinguished road

Posting on a public forum would be so much nicer if we could all share what we like with each other and be happy with that.

Instead, the few 'player haters' on here cannot come close to sharing anything but putdowns and name calling. Legs, I have no clue where or when this anger comes from, but I am sorry you are so filled with it that you resort to shouting (caps) and put downs. I had assumed you were a nice lady after what Bernie had posted. It can't be politics as it is with others, because Bernie and I are on the same page. Bernie and I both love people and love Baja... so just what is it that I can do to end your feud with me?

I would like to have a good relationship with all of you. Because I do things one way in Baja does not mean there is anything wrong with your way... I have never tried to dictate what anyone should do or enjoy. I am into freedom, and being in Baja, off the highwway, in the back country is freedom to me.
Old 08-13-10, 06:11 PM   #52
Msterieus

Msterieus is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENNIS
You are, and have been there. Some have noted your quality of discourse here, correctly, but it seems, since our misunderstanding, and my nasty over-reaction to you on Nomad....you have become impotent. You have put out your own fire.

I wish you would return with the enthusiasm you had before.

Com'n get it......please.
Thanks for the kind words, Dennis. To be honest, you knocked some of it out of me (). Also, I guess I just haven't been in such a feisty mood, lately.

As to this particular thread, all's I can say is: there must be a lot of history between DavidK and other posters, most of which I am not familiar with. I was particularly surprised by Legz' reactions -- I have not seen her get that upset before!
Old 08-13-10, 06:12 PM   #53
noproblemo

Quote:
You tell me.....
I think we all get along pretty darned well myself, most of the time
Old 08-13-10, 06:14 PM   #54
noproblemo

Quote:
Very cool thoughts, NP. Thanks for all of it.. You, and MsTerious seem to get it.. Thanks.
Thank You DENNIS
Old 08-13-10, 06:25 PM   #55
noproblemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by David K
Posting on a public forum would be so much nicer if we could all share what we like with each other and be happy with that.

Instead, the few 'player haters' on here cannot come close to sharing anything but putdowns and name calling. Legs, I have no clue where or when this anger comes from, but I am sorry you are so filled with it that you resort to shouting (caps) and put downs. I had assumed you were a nice lady after what Bernie had posted. It can't be politics as it is with others, because Bernie and I are on the same page. Bernie and I both love people and love Baja... so just what is it that I can do to end your feud with me?

I would like to have a good relationship with all of you. Because I do things one way in Baja does not mean there is anything wrong with your way... I have never tried to dictate what anyone should do or enjoy. I am into freedom, and being in Baja, off the highwway, in the back country is freedom to me.
David no offense here, but we all do get along pretty well here. As for the name calling I believe it started with you using the term 'player haters'. As I have said before we are all here because we choose to be, same as you are when you are here. Your input is valued and I personally enjoy reading your postings just because someone may disagree with you does not make them enjoy their Baja any less, you are simply stating your views as we state ours.
Old 08-13-10, 06:32 PM   #56
DENNIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msterieus
I was particularly surprised by Legz' reactions -- I have not seen her get that upset before!

...upset??? That's funny. When she sees my posts, her fingertip is jambed into the Reputation button.
She's wonderful.
Right??? You're wonderful. You and I finally get to agree on something.

HIT THAT BUTTON

Last edited by Marty Cortez; 08-13-10 at 07:31 PM. Reason: What he really meant to say
Old 08-13-10, 06:38 PM   #57
Msterieus

Msterieus is an unknown quantity at this point

I LIKE Legz. Leave her alone, Dennis. And wash your mouth out with soap!

Last edited by Marty Cortez; 08-13-10 at 07:51 PM. Reason: personal
Old 08-13-10, 06:44 PM   #58
Marty Cortez

Marty Cortez is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Fixed.

About done yet, we hope?
DENNIS
This message has been deleted by DENNIS.
Old 08-13-10, 07:02 PM   #59
kate

kate is on a distinguished road

What's a "player hater"??
Old 08-13-10, 07:06 PM   #60
DENNIS

..........What's happening here?...........
...................Where's MsTerious?.........................It's dark......................................
I'm lost..................................looking for soap.............................found a box of TIDE
................................................................................ .....Is that it?
............Oh My Freakin Word....................This stuff is good.................
Thanks MysT..................great suggestion