General Discussion If it's Baja Related but Don't Know Where? Post it Here...

Old 08-13-10, 10:22 PM   #81
David K

David K is on a distinguished road

Default Re: TALK (about) BAJA???

Too funny (strange)!

With that, I am going back to finish watching the 2 hour Baja 1000 special on HDTV (ch. 735)!

Take care friends...
Old 08-14-10, 06:54 AM   #82
ELINVESTIG8R

ELINVESTIG8R is on a distinguished road

David K I still like you...

I remain, your Conservative Republican friend

David Elinvestig8r M.
Old 08-14-10, 07:19 AM   #83
dusty

dusty is on a distinguished road

These types of threads occur from time to time. I think of them as "fanily feuds".
Old 08-14-10, 08:15 AM   #84
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

I think it just kind of goes with the territory down here...

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 08-14-10, 09:16 AM   #85
noproblemo

noproblemo is on a distinguished road

Has been mighty quiet from D today so far. Must be taking a break or something.
Old 08-14-10, 11:08 AM   #86
soulpatch

soulpatch is on a distinguished road

I don't want you to hate me if you must........
I prefer it to be conscious and willing decision
Old 08-14-10, 12:33 PM   #87
Bajahowodd

Bajahowodd is an unknown quantity at this point

The term hate is too strong to have any valid use in a forum such as this. I think it speaks volumes about the psyche of the person who throws that word around indiscriminately.
Old 08-14-10, 02:26 PM   #88
David K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajahowodd
The term hate is too strong to have any valid use in a forum such as this. I think it speaks volumes about the psyche of the person who throws that word around indiscriminately.
When people who have never met me, or who don't know me, or who I have never said bad things to, say nasty/ unkind/ personal attacks at me... then that is a form of 'hate' is it not? Give me a different word that works, and I will be happy to use it.

There is no need for adults to speak with each other in such a way... I have things to offer.... take it or leave it.... but don't call me names or make assumptions about ulterior motives. I enjoy helping people and having fun with people, and I don't need to be drunk or high to have fun or to post on forums.
Old 08-14-10, 04:51 PM   #89
Bajahowodd

Bajahowodd is an unknown quantity at this point

David- You really need to do some research and rethink things. I absolutely do not hate you. I have posted many accolades about your Baja work. You really just need to research the meaning of the word "hate". It comes very close to many of the worst epithets in the lexicon. I am pretty certain that no one on this forum or the other forum hates you. Some may be annoyed by some of your posts. Being annoyed or disagreeing comes nowhere close to hate. Hate holds the same status as the "N" word.

Please chill. If you are really paranoid, then there's nothing that can be posted here that will assuage you. But i have confidence that you will be able to grasp the difference.
Old 08-14-10, 05:12 PM   #90
J.P.

J.P. is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajahowodd
David- You really need to do some research and rethink things. I absolutely do not hate you. I have posted many accolades about your Baja work. You really just need to research the meaning of the word "hate". It comes very close to many of the worst epithets in the lexicon. I am pretty certain that no one on this forum or the other forum hates you. Some may be annoyed by some of your posts. Being annoyed or disagreeing comes nowhere close to hate. Hate holds the same status as the "N" word.

Please chill. If you are really paranoid, then there's nothing that can be posted here that will assuage you. But i have confidence that you will be able to grasp the difference.
Old 08-14-10, 05:29 PM   #91
J.P.

J.P. is on a distinguished road

Sounds like a zealot to me I have observed some of Davids work and like it. I have re traced some of his steps the information he provides about the missions is very impressive. I dont know the person but thanks for some of your photo work.
I really like TalkBaja.especially the part where you can talk about most anything .and not be attacked by some low self esteemed idiot
Old 08-15-10, 12:00 PM   #92
longlegsinlapaz

longlegsinlapaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by David K
When people who have never met me, or who don't know me, or who I have never said bad things to, say nasty/ unkind/ personal attacks at me... then that is a form of 'hate' is it not? Give me a different word that works, and I will be happy to use it.

There is no need for adults to speak with each other in such a way... I have things to offer.... take it or leave it.... but don't call me names or make assumptions about ulterior motives. I enjoy helping people and having fun with people, and I don't need to be drunk or high to have fun or to post on forums.

I do hereby swear that this is the final response I will ever direct to dk...Girl Scout pinky swear!

Whoa! Was that a collective sigh of relief or is a hurricane coming ashore?

dk, do me a favor please....go back & reread my first post on this thread....read it again & again. Read your words & read my response to your words....do you see any correlation? Read the words I actually used, don't read anything into them that I didn't say. Do you see how your words might have prompted the words I chose to use in my response? I responded back to your post, I responded to the words you chose to use. I addressed each of the points you brought up.

Do you honestly believe that you have to meet someone in person to know anything about them? What kind of a person they are? Words in print are a powerful tool, they create strong mental images, they paint pictures in our minds, words alone can express the essence of who we are by how we chose to use them & our choice in the words we tie together to express our thoughts, to convey our point.

I find it very interesting that you express disbelief...."When people who have never met me, or who don't know me, or who I have never said bad things to, say nasty/ unkind/ personal attacks at me... then that is a form of 'hate' is it not? Give me a different word that works, and I will be happy to use it."....when you have done exactly the same thing that you claim to not understand in others....i.e., you've never met me, yet despite the fact that Bernie has met me (we spent many hours over several days together during his trip to La Paz & we broke bread with BajaLera, Jesse & somewhere between 50-75 others)....you do know Bernie personally & you're made it clear numerous times that you have great respect for him, yet despite anything Bernie may have said about me publicly or privately, you have chosen to dislike me based solely on my words on your computer monitor....words that I'll reiterate that were in direct response and/or reaction to your own words. I didn't create my response in a vacuum, my words were a direct result of your words. To borrow a couple scientific terms...."cause & affect"...."for every action, there is a reaction". I respectfully suggest to you if you want a different reaction, then you might want to think about modifying your originating action.

I've tried to explain this to you before, but you don't seem to make the connection, you continue to chose to believe that any negativity that comes your way is created in a vacuum, rather than prompted by your words. You're always an innocent victim & everyone who disagrees with you is a bad guy. You are always right & everyone who has a difference of opinion is wrong. Think about it....don't just throw up that "oh, pity me, I'm getting picked on again" wall, sincerely think about it! If you sincerely want it to stop, then you might want to consider accepting some ownership in the cause.

In response to your direct question, the replacement words I'd offer up for the word "hate" would be "response" and/or "reaction".

Also think about how the 150+ Nomads who have met me in person & were actually able to endure time in my presence & were able to do so with a smile on their face. How likely is it that they're all wrong & you've pegged me right on as nasty, unkind & hateful?

I'm not sure if your "I enjoy helping people and having fun with people, and I don't need to be drunk or high to have fun or to post on forums." was a collective statement, or directed towards me specifically, but I've posted one hell of a lot of answers to questions posed on both forums, and at the risk of coming across as "Oh, look at what I've done"....go look at:

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthre...6667#pid279532

I was still going into the storage yard well into February to check on repair/cleanup status of vehicles on the behalf of the 13-15 people I volunteered to help. So you are not alone in having a sincere desire to help people. Also, I've stated this before, but I'll state it again at the risk of being called redundant....I am not now, nor have I ever had any involvement or interest in drugs....I'm totally opposed to any & all illegal drugs (the illegal was tossed in to differentiate between OTC & prescription medications)....and my annual alcohol consumption in all forms....beer, wine, hard liquor....is more than likely less than your typical cerveza consumption during a week-end at Shell Beach. <<< not holier than thou, simply fact.

Try to understand that what you choose to receive as nastiness & picking on you....I've donated an hour of my time word-smithing in the sincere hope that something in my words will get through to you & you will come away with a glimmer of understanding for why your posts frequently draw the type of reactions they do.

todo fin por todo tiempo!
Old 08-15-10, 12:18 PM   #93
ELINVESTIG8R

Is their any hope for me?
Old 08-15-10, 12:27 PM   #94
BajaGringo

Yes, I have high hopes for you my friend...

Old 08-15-10, 12:44 PM   #95
ELINVESTIG8R

Ahhh, Thank Ron...Tan amable...
Old 08-16-10, 08:56 AM   #96
David K

Thank you Legs... I appreciate the time you spent communicating with me.

If I am not to react negativly to what you say online, then please don't react negativly to what I have to say online... a fair trade. I really do not recall anytime that I just picked on you, out-of-the-blue, after any post you start. However, many times after I start a thread you have popped in there.

Let's agree to respect each other's opinions and not jump on each other because we don't like the other's politics, okay?

As for 'hate', is it okay to say 'I hate not being in Baja right now'?
Thanks everyone!
Old 08-16-10, 09:14 AM   #97
noproblemo

noproblemo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by David K
Thank you Legs... I appreciate the time you spent communicating with me.

If I am not to react negativly to what you say online, then please don't react negativly to what I have to say online... a fair trade. I really do not recall anytime that I just picked on you, out-of-the-blue, after any post you start. However, many times after I start a thread you have popped in there.

Let's agree to respect each other's opinions and not jump on each other because we don't like the other's politics, okay?

As for 'hate', is it okay to say 'I hate not being in Baja right now'?
Thanks everyone!
David K That sounds like a Very good use of the word hate to me... Cheers
Old 08-16-10, 09:19 AM   #98
wessongroup

wessongroup is on a distinguished road

see .......... talkbaja ..... in action

anyone like chili?
Old 08-16-10, 05:14 PM   #99
BajaGringo

One of the reasons I decided to leave this thread up was in hope that some reasonable dialogue could come out of it. This seems to be an old story that has played out on Nomad for some time, via many hijacked threads and usually ending ugly. I was hoping that an open discussion could be had here and some common ground found.

You don't have to be best buds with everybody to be able to have a courteous discussion, even when opinions are polar opposites. It just takes some good manners, patience and maturity.

By everybody!

All of us (myself included) have probably been guilty at some point in time of posting stronger words than our argument in the discussion warranted; here as well as on other online forums. As we are not able to see the facial expressions nor hear the tone of voice that accompanies the post, what may be said tongue in cheek is often taken out of context; usually when we disagree with their opinion. That often leads to a full blown flame war, especially where there is prior history.

I have been involved in one or two myself in the past and I know how easy they can happen.

DavidK brought up a valid point that alerted us that off-topic posts were listing for registered users who had not requested access to that area. The embers of old battles from Nomad were quickly fanned and many of you expressed your opinions here, some more civil than others but through it all I hope you are actually listening to each other.

Hopefully everybody can come away taking something positive from the exchange.

Old 08-16-10, 05:32 PM   #100
Msterieus

Msterieus is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice post, BG.

I am a little surprised, though, that you considered deleting the thread. While opinions were strongly voiced, and yes, I guess some got pretty personal, I did not feel that anybody had crossed a line. I did note that much of the angst seemed to have originated on the "other" forum, and it crossed my mind to question why it should be voiced in this forum. Nonetheless, I had not been aware that "discourtesy" (which, to me, is a rather vague term) merited censorship.