Baja Real Estate Property for sale and rentals

Old 05-31-12, 06:46 PM   #21
Teniente

Teniente is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Long term rental in Ensenada

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaGringo
Didn't I see them post somewhere that they were down in Baja now???

Yup, methinks Rosarito
Old 06-03-12, 07:39 AM   #22
surfingbodi

surfingbodi is on a distinguished road

ummm . . . i want to jump in here and ask for folks to give me tips on where i might look. so far i feel like many (NOT all) of the pointers I have been getting are for a vacation (especially when I ask around here in the states) BUT I am looking to live there if I can afford it and make it work - not vacation there. I wish for my kids to not only get their spanish to fluency but to ALSO understand how to adapt to another culture and appreciate it. the things that limit me are that I do have 3 dogs and my kids need to be relatively safe (meaning as safe as other local families in Baja) and i want to be within a decent distance of the beaches so i can teach my kids to surf.

Ideas??? One bedroom is fine - looking for something $400 - $600 with utilities, need close access to WiFi so I can work (which i do every day), and I probably need a 'yard' like area for the dogs who are way too big to walk on a leas 3/4x per day.

thank you mucho!!!!

gari/sb
Old 06-04-12, 11:35 AM   #23
BohemiaBeerBash

BohemiaBeerBash is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfingbodi
ummm . . . i want to jump in here and ask for folks to give me tips on where i might look. so far i feel like many (NOT all) of the pointers I have been getting are for a vacation (especially when I ask around here in the states) BUT I am looking to live there if I can afford it and make it work - not vacation there. I wish for my kids to not only get their spanish to fluency but to ALSO understand how to adapt to another culture and appreciate it. the things that limit me are that I do have 3 dogs and my kids need to be relatively safe (meaning as safe as other local families in Baja) and i want to be within a decent distance of the beaches so i can teach my kids to surf.

Ideas??? One bedroom is fine - looking for something $400 - $600 with utilities, need close access to WiFi so I can work (which i do every day), and I probably need a 'yard' like area for the dogs who are way too big to walk on a leas 3/4x per day.

thank you mucho!!!!

gari/sb
I'm going to give you a hint...your not going to find something with utilities for $400-600. Your better off thinking about finding something cheap and safe and providing your own utilities. Utilities like electricity and water are not cheap in Baja and most of the heating with liquid propane or butane is OK pricewise but not cheaper than Natural Gas. You might be able to find something for $400 and not on the ocean but a few blocks away but be prepared to pay for most of your utilities including internet. I'm lucky where I'm currently located that has Internet at the lounge and free television (Cost $700). Granted it's a little nicer area but still be prepared to pay for most of your own utilities especially Gas and electric. Some rentals might include water as part of the deal. Remember the more electricity you use especially during the winter months it gets more expensive. Mexico has three levels Basic, Intermediate and..... Economic Rape... categories for electricity.
Old 06-09-12, 08:39 AM   #24
Udo

Udo is on a distinguished road

Hola LL!
Jana and I will be down in La Paz/El Centenario, to visitor a couple of days. We will be in East Cape for a week, looking for RV parks that will accept a 45' motorhome.
You have some wise writing in your post below.
How long have you been living in LP, and do you live there year-round?

We are not sure whether we will be year-round or part-time it and move to BA the treat of the time.
We'll be in LP on the 28th of this month and travel the East Cape until July 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longlegsinlapaz
What Grunon said!!!

Living in Baja is a totally different experience than a vacation here. IMO, residents look for totally different amenities & lifestyle than short-term tourists do. Knowledge & experience of long-time residents wins hands down over hearsay & I "heard it through the grapevine" tales of occasional vacationers.

In my case, what I gravitated toward for my vacation spot "must-have" list turned out to be totally opposite of my "must-have" list for a permanent home. I'm not on vacation....I LIVE here....this is my home & while it's wonderful & I wouldn't trade it for anywhere else on earth, it can't even remotely be compared to being on vacation!

Since it sounds like hubby isn't totally gung-ho, more like he's begrudgingly going along with the plan, I'd suggest you each sitting down....SEPARATELY....and each write out your own individual "must-haves", "would be nice" & absolute "turnoffs". Live with your list for a week or so, mull it over, revise, refine, then swap lists & discuss the inevitable differences.

How important is it to you to be close to quality medical care? How important to have an International airport & within what distance? What are your eating habits? Will the foods you're used to be available & affordable? Do you care about arts? Entertainment? No matter what your intentions & expectations, your lifestyle will change, if by nothing other than the fact you'll be living in a different culture, different climate.

I sincerely believe the best advice I could give you is to leave your gringo/canuck standards & expectations at the border! Moving SOB is definitely not for the faint of heart, it takes a strongly-ingrained pioneer spirit, you need to be willing & open to change, a sense of adventure, tenacity & spontaneity really help! It's definitely not for everyone, but it can be awesome for those with the ability to adapt & thrive!

My personal acclimation time....having come from the Pacific Northwest....was all of....oh say, about 60 seconds! Absolutely no regrets!
Old 06-10-12, 04:25 PM   #25
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udo
Hola LL!
We are not sure whether we will be year-round or part-time it and move to BA the treat of the time.
If I wasn't still working we'd probably have two places - somewhere between Mulege and La Paz in the cooler months and here along the northern Pacific coast in the summer. That to me would be ideal although having spent a few winters now here in San Quintin I really can't complain about the weather out here on the beach even in the coldest months. It is almost never below 50 degrees while in town on the east side of the volcanoes it often gets down into the high 30's.

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 06-10-12, 07:24 PM   #26
longlegsinlapaz

longlegsinlapaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udo
Hola LL!
Jana and I will be down in La Paz/El Centenario, to visitor a couple of days. We will be in East Cape for a week, looking for RV parks that will accept a 45' motorhome.

Hey Udo!

I'd enjoy meeting you & your better half!

I saw on the other site that you're planning on rendezvousing with Wiley & Carol in El Comitan. I used to live in the same general neighborhood & am only about a mile away from that area. As your plans firm up, once you know where you'll be when, let's touch base & I could either meet you over at Wiley & Carol's or we could go break bread somewhere out here in Centenario.

Thank you for the compliment on my words of wisdom. I'm permanent & full time & have been since late 1999. Kate's another full-time & permanent resident who's been here about 5 years, so if it's information you're seeking, she'd be another good resource....even though she's a "townie"! Also, Oldlady lives in my neck of the woods as well.

Safe travels!

Last edited by longlegsinlapaz; 06-10-12 at 07:27 PM. Reason: out damn typo!
Old 06-10-12, 08:26 PM   #27
kate

kate is on a distinguished road

Hola Udo, I'd love to meet you and Jana and add whatever words of wisdom I can, despite being a "townie". My neighborhood doesn't do 45' motorhomes, though! My house isn't even that big. Longlegs thinks I live in a cottage.

BG, winter nights in La Paz have been known to get down into the high '30s. This past January I returned from a trip and went to sleep with the windows wide open. Woke to a brisk morning wind, 42º, and my dog snuggled up in bed with me for the first time ever.
Old 06-11-12, 07:35 AM   #28
Udo

Good morning, LL!

We will be in El Centenario looking at the Hacienda Del Sol RV park, plus any other in the area.
We should arrive in La Paz on the 28th, and may stay two days. Don't know yet. I think we will stay at the Casa Tuscany, but have made no reservations yet.

Can we U2U on this forum? I'd like to exchange phone numbers?
Udo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udo
Hola LL!

Old 06-11-12, 07:39 AM   #29
Udo

Thanks for your weather input Kate.

If we can U2U's here, cane we exchange phone numbers?
We are arriving on the 27th in SJDC and will visit with Osprey and spending our first night there. The La Paz on the 28th. perhaps one night perhaps two nights. Don't know yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate
Hola Udo, I'd love to meet you and Jana and add whatever words of wisdom I can, despite being a "townie". My neighborhood doesn't do 45' motorhomes, though! My house isn't even that big. Longlegs thinks I live in a cottage.

BG, winter nights in La Paz have been known to get down into the high '30s. This past January I returned from a trip and went to sleep with the windows wide open. Woke to a brisk morning wind, 42º, and my dog snuggled up in bed with me for the first time ever.
Old 06-11-12, 07:41 AM   #30
Udo

HOLA, Terry!
Nice to see you are on this forum also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teniente
Yup, methinks Rosarito
Old 06-11-12, 07:57 AM   #31
BajaGringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate
You're kidding - how far away from the coastline are you? I regularly check my Davis weather station and the coldest winter night we've had out here on the beach in three years was 46 degrees I think. I can only recall a handful more events where it even dipped below 50.

Old 06-11-12, 09:09 AM   #32
kate

kate is on a distinguished road

500 meters, but I think they measure it at the airport, which is more like 2 km from the bay. We get a strong north or northeast wind sometimes and are surrounded by desert. It's not at all unusual to have a temp difference of 30-40º F between daytime highs and nighttime lows. About a week ago it was near 100 during the day and 60 or below at night. I still have my hoodie handy for when I walk out back with my dog before bedtime!
Old 06-11-12, 09:39 AM   #33
BajaGringo

Don't you be wearing no hoodie now Kate. Haven't you been following the news lately???

Old 06-11-12, 11:17 AM   #34
BohemiaBeerBash

BohemiaBeerBash is on a distinguished road

Quote:
True!!!

Although I have met many down here who don't even bother with the FMM...

Who needs visas??? If your a good tipper and quality business patron the locals will just hide you until inmigracion disappears.
Old 06-11-12, 11:45 AM   #35
longlegsinlapaz

longlegsinlapaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udo
Good morning, LL!

We will be in El Centenario looking at the Hacienda Del Sol RV park, plus any other in the area.
We should arrive in La Paz on the 28th, and may stay two days. Don't know yet. I think we will stay at the Casa Tuscany, but have made no reservations yet.

Can we U2U on this forum? I'd like to exchange phone numbers?
Udo
You've got a Private Message (upper Left corner behind your username "Private Message" should be a different color & should also tell you how many msgs you have).

I had misread your original post, but understand now that you're flying in this trip & won't be staying in your RV this time, so please disregard my comments about being welcome to my yard!
Old 07-24-12, 10:42 AM   #36
Robert

Robert is on a distinguished road

looking for rental in or near ensenada cheap about 200.00 to 300.00 per month or cheaper can anyone help
Old 07-26-12, 06:52 AM   #37
BajaGringo

Did you check the Punta Banda Newsletter?

Old 07-26-12, 09:22 AM   #38
Nemo55

Nemo55 is on a distinguished road

And again the BajaGringo comes through with the goods, at this rate I'll definitely have to splurge for the beers when i get there.

Quote:
Did you check the Punta Banda Newsletter?
Old 08-24-12, 03:21 PM   #39
Ana Miller

Ana Miller is on a distinguished road

I have a 3 bedroom 2 story 2 livingroom( one up w 2 bedrooms and 1 down) where master is.I am on the beach furnished $800.00. So use that for comparison. Always lowball them. 800.00 was my max price.but I told the realtor nothing over 500.00. then since I did not like what was available in that price I uped the price by 50.00,and at last I asked to show me 2stories with MB down 2 up and went from there.I hope this helps. Ana