Introduce Yourself to the Forum A good place to "dip your toe in the pool". Let the other forums know your connection/interest in Baja...

Old 09-23-11, 12:08 PM   #21
temma

temma is on a distinguished road

Default Re: intro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENNIS
Punta banda, twenty miles south of Centro Ensenada, has a lot of rentals as well as an expat lifestyle. Rural, on the water, quiet, and close enough to shopping.
I wouldn't know where to send you in Centro although I lived in town for years, but if anyone mentions a beachcamp called Todos Santos, pick up your beer and run like hell.

Here's the PB Newsletter to get you started:

puntabandanewsletter : PUNTA BANDA COMMUNITY BULLETIN BOARD
Thanks for the info - a lot of people have mentioned Punta banda - think I'll give it a try!
Old 09-23-11, 05:24 PM   #22
Amigo Arizona

Amigo Arizona is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by temma
Thanks for the info - a lot of people have mentioned Punta banda - think I'll give it a try!
Temma my home is in Punta Banda in a small community named Puerto Escondido. Right now I think it is better to buy a lot and build your home. There are many lots for sale. If you do buy a lot you can almost certainly get them down 30% -35 % of the asking price. Do not give them the asking price. I bought my lot from a lady who sells lots and was my general contractor when i built my home. i am presently finishing the second level now. This is her web site. Cruz International Real Estate, Ensenada Mexico. She has lots and homes for sale but in my opinion you can do better buying a lot. In the area where I built my home they are asking $47000 for the cheaper lots. But let me tell you that I know you can get them for $25000 to $30000 easy. There are other lots for sale at higher prices from the Gonalez family and I am sur you can get them down too. Let me tell you they are way overpriced. try and deal with them and see what happens. Their web site is; Home Another good web site for land and homes is as follows Ensenada Real Estate, Baja California - Ensenada Homes for Sale. If you have any questions shoot me an E mail.
Take care
Keith ( Amigo Arizona)
Old 09-24-11, 01:12 AM   #23
temma

temma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo Arizona
Temma my home is in Punta Banda in a small community named Puerto Escondido. Right now I think it is better to buy a lot and build your home. There are many lots for sale. If you do buy a lot you can almost certainly get them down 30% -35 % of the asking price. Do not give them the asking price. I bought my lot from a lady who sells lots and was my general contractor when i built my home. i am presently finishing the second level now. This is her web site. Cruz International Real Estate, Ensenada Mexico. She has lots and homes for sale but in my opinion you can do better buying a lot. In the area where I built my home they are asking $47000 for the cheaper lots. But let me tell you that I know you can get them for $25000 to $30000 easy. There are other lots for sale at higher prices from the Gonalez family and I am sur you can get them down too. Let me tell you they are way overpriced. try and deal with them and see what happens. Their web site is; Home Another good web site for land and homes is as follows Ensenada Real Estate, Baja California - Ensenada Homes for Sale. If you have any questions shoot me an E mail.
Take care
Keith ( Amigo Arizona)
Keith, thx for the reply....how far would you say this area is from Ensenada centro and how far from the border? How close to supermarkets, stores, etc? Would you say it's an urban or rural area (or semi urban)? Thanks again, Steve (Temma)
Old 09-24-11, 07:04 AM   #24
Amigo Arizona

My home is 24 miles from Centro. However it is about15 miles from the nice part of Ensenada which has Walllmart, Home Depot, Applebees, Sams Club Mc Donalds and other very nice stores and resaurants. There is a Calimax Mexican supermarket 7 miles from my home. Calimax is the best mexican supermarket chain there is. It has everything you could want and is very clean. You could call Denice at Cruz International real estate (The one website link I sent you). She is very nice and helpful. She also has some rentals, You could also contact the Ensenada chamber of Commerce. I believe they have a web site. I know I have called them before too but do not remember if they speak in English as I speak OK Spanish
Take care
Old 09-24-11, 09:48 AM   #25
Amigo Arizona

The area is rural where I live. For water I have a pilla or cistern and have a septic tank. The subdivision or small community I am in is about 350 acres. Presently there are about 25 homes.