Baja News Wire Latest News from Baja California, Mexico

Old 09-16-11, 02:16 PM   #81
Marty Cortez

Marty Cortez is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Ron Hoff/Bajagringo attacked

BajaNomad
Super Administrator
posted on 9-16-2011 at 09:00 PM(GMT; 2:00PM local)
Quote:
fyi...

Cristina was discharged from the General Hospital today...and is in Ron's room at del Carmen right now visiting with him.
Crying as I read/copied/pasted this, and not the least ashamed to admit it.

God bless you two.
Old 09-16-11, 02:24 PM   #82
kate

kate is on a distinguished road

Fantastic news!!
I'll bet they haven't been apart for six days since they met!
Old 09-16-11, 03:08 PM   #83
longlegsinlapaz

longlegsinlapaz is on a distinguished road

But not without a certain amount of apprehension that he might learn or remember everything in a huge rush which could send his BP skyrocketing. Good plan on the neck-brace to cover her neck wound, but that can't be Cristina's only visible injury....unless they didn't shave a patch of hair to clean & inspect her head wound from where the SOB's hit her with the rock. I hope a doc was in the room to monitor his condition/reaction for the reunion!

Marty, are you prepared to disappear this thread to somewhere BG won't be able to find it, if Doug is asked to hide the BN thread for a while?? Don't know the technicalities, but you can put it in my mail box if that's a viable option. Or maybe just remove it completely onto a memory stick to be later reinstated when the time is right?? Just brainstorming here in non-techie-nerd-land!! And why do I think sites like the F site won't remove a single post? This is such a risky deal IMO, I doubt those are the only sites where details of this incident were mentioned which may be on Ron's regular viewing circuit.

Either way, he's going to know something is up because he's been told about the fund-raising on BN & will want to visit & thanks people sooner rather than later....& it's only obvious there would be a thread about it here, as well.
Old 09-16-11, 03:16 PM   #84
ELINVESTIG8R

ELINVESTIG8R is on a distinguished road

If you can Marty please hide it until Ron and Cristina recuperate. Thank you!
Old 09-16-11, 03:22 PM   #85
Marty Cortez

Yep; standing by to do so.

Inquiry in to the Chief Nomad to be notified ASAP when the family gives the word.

We've got somewhere to stash it out of site. I'll change the thread title to "Kinky Adult Material" so Ron isn't likely to read it.
Old 09-16-11, 03:40 PM   #86
longlegsinlapaz

He might try to get in there muy rapido!!! Might I suggest something LESS enticing? Maybe "Summer Camp, '53, '54, '55, '56, '57, '58, '60 & '61, Part 1"

Old 09-16-11, 04:38 PM   #87
soulpatch

soulpatch is on a distinguished road

Having been mugged by gangsters, stabbed, etc; I will say this:
If my family or anyone else tried to hide something like this until they ""thought" I was ready to process it I would be extremely angry at them.
He already "knows" on a certain level he was getting repeatedly struck in the head..... his noodle is only going to get clearer.
There will be fallout.
My wife would know better than that. i don't get pissed at much but that would do it.
There ain't no hiding what's been done and even if these threads are "hidden" they will make their appearance in one form or another.
I think Ron is a big boy and can handle and process all of this in his way.
Just my dos centavos input....FWIW.
I am even sober right now so I am at my most rational.
Old 09-16-11, 04:55 PM   #88
Marty Cortez

I hear you loud and clear, and am considering it carefully. Of course he will learn soon enough.

I am inclined to follow the family's lead. They are on scene, it is their business and their's alone,and there has been more than enough sentiment trying to buck it/criticize it, IMO.
Old 09-16-11, 05:16 PM   #89
Nighttrain

Nighttrain is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't recommend it, unless you can also bury the stories in el Vigia, el Mex, SDUT, and probably dozens of others. I can see Ron reaching the point of wanting to fill in what happened in the world while his lights were out. It seems almost inevitable that he would trip over a news account of his ordeal.

It's even possible that someone might feel strongly enough about his need-to-know that they would eagerly share all the details of his ugly ordeal with him (for the record, it won't be me). But the suggestion of withholding these details is analogous to well-intentioned efforts to conceal the truth from someone who may have a serious or terminal illness.

But bottom line, it's up to the family, I guess.
Old 09-16-11, 05:35 PM   #90
longlegsinlapaz

Amen, Marty!

As I think most here have figured out, I'm into full & honest disclosure....HOWEVER in this situation & at this time, I feel that those closest to Ron & his doctors are in a position to judge his current physical & emotional state & make a determination in his physical & emotional best interests. He's not fully recovered from the physical trauma he suffered, as exhibited by what happened with his BP & which caused the doctor to abort his jaw surgery until he's more physically stabilized. Mind & body work in conjunction with each other. His immediate family & his doctors are in a much better position to judge if he's ready to handle the full truth just yet....or not. Ron's no dummy....it may take a few beats, but Ron will understand, accept & forgive the "deception" quickly & it might actually be less traumatic if he remembers on his own....I think that'll happen more rapidly once he's released & attempts to regain some semblance of his normal life. Both he & Cristina have a long tough row to hoe in front of them!

Soulpatch, if you'd had a lobotomy, I'd tell you right away! And I'd trust Mrs. SP's judgment in when you were ready to hear it....but I gotta say, she'd have to move fast....'cause I fear your son would spill the beans in his factual & straightforward manner! I liked that kid!! Both of them actually! Well, all of you, including Seamus!
Old 09-16-11, 05:47 PM   #91
tripledigitken

tripledigitken is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulpatch
Having been mugged by gangsters, stabbed, etc; I will say this:
If my family or anyone else tried to hide something like this until they ""thought" I was ready to process it I would be extremely angry at them.
He already "knows" on a certain level he was getting repeatedly struck in the head..... his noodle is only going to get clearer.
There will be fallout.
My wife would know better than that. i don't get pissed at much but that would do it.
There ain't no hiding what's been done and even if these threads are "hidden" they will make their appearance in one form or another.
I think Ron is a big boy and can handle and process all of this in his way.
Just my dos centavos input....FWIW.
I am even sober right now so I am at my most rational.

You are absolutely right! A very slippery slope to try and cover the story. If for no other reason, it's all over the internet (beyond Nomads and here) for him to discover.

Well intentioned, but misguided IMHO.

Ken
Old 09-16-11, 05:50 PM   #92
wessongroup

wessongroup is on a distinguished road

Think it would be a bit hard to keep information from this guy... HI !!! RON.. .

Gee, bet his email is really something HUH !!!
Old 09-16-11, 06:03 PM   #93
fdt

fdt is on a distinguished road

Thank you Marty for all you are doing while Ron is away to keep this board going. It was really great for Ron to hear your voice today, it really cheered him up, put a big smile on his face and he gives you all a big thumbs up.
Saludos
Fernando
PS
We are waiting to receive here at the hospital those get well cards and flowers for Ron from you know who ;)

click here to listen to Ultimate Baja Radio
Old 09-16-11, 07:08 PM   #94
soulpatch

soulpatch is on a distinguished road

THAT generated a nice an deserved smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longlegsinlapaz
Amen, Marty!

As I think most here have figured out, I'm into full & honest disclosure....HOWEVER in this situation & at this time, I feel that those closest to Ron & his doctors are in a position to judge his current physical & emotional state & make a determination in his physical & emotional best interests. He's not fully recovered from the physical trauma he suffered, as exhibited by what happened with his BP & which caused the doctor to abort his jaw surgery until he's more physically stabilized. Mind & body work in conjunction with each other. His immediate family & his doctors are in a much better position to judge if he's ready to handle the full truth just yet....or not. Ron's no dummy....it may take a few beats, but Ron will understand, accept & forgive the "deception" quickly & it might actually be less traumatic if he remembers on his own....I think that'll happen more rapidly once he's released & attempts to regain some semblance of his normal life. Both he & Cristina have a long tough row to hoe in front of them!

Soulpatch, if you'd had a lobotomy, I'd tell you right away! And I'd trust Mrs. SP's judgment in when you were ready to hear it....but I gotta say, she'd have to move fast....'cause I fear your son would spill the beans in his factual & straightforward manner! I liked that kid!! Both of them actually! Well, all of you, including Seamus!
Old 09-17-11, 06:14 AM   #95
dusty

dusty is on a distinguished road

For what it is worth, was in similar situation many years ago. Plane crash, wife died, husband horribly injured.Don't recommend participating in deception at anytime by anyone.
Old 09-17-11, 06:46 AM   #96
Marty Cortez

I think it's pretty much a moot point/idea that died on the vine; for many reasons.

Considering the overwhelming gravity of what has happened, the last thing Ron will want to do is piddle around online. He has much, much more pressing matters to attend to. When he finally does...

Let's not add to the whirlwind of confusion, consternation, and anguish by causing him to wonder what the heck is with an apparent lack of concern about him on two forums he has been prominent on for years.
Old 09-17-11, 07:01 AM   #97
dusty

dusty is on a distinguished road

precisely.
Old 09-17-11, 11:02 AM   #98
longlegsinlapaz

Not to mention that there are URLs pointing to the BN thread on several other Baja & Mexico-related forums.

While I don't advocate deception....I do feel that the timing of full disclosure plays a huge role in how the information is received & processed. And I believe full disclosure should be made before they approach home lest it all might come rushing back to Ron in full living color, safer for him if it happens in a controlled environment, preferably with his doc present....just in case. My thoughts only, as I said earlier, I believe that decision is best left to his doc & Cristina.
Old 09-17-11, 11:32 AM   #99
wessongroup

wessongroup is on a distinguished road

Unless Dennis kidnaps him for a debriefing at Sharkey's....
Old 09-17-11, 12:36 PM   #100
Marty Cortez

Now's your chance...

shari
Select Nomad
posted on 9-17-2011 at 07:31 PM(12:30PM local)
Quote:
excellent news update...ron is checking out right now...