General Discussion If it's Baja Related but Don't Know Where? Post it Here...

Old 06-03-12, 07:16 PM   #21
Teniente

Teniente is on a distinguished road

Default Re: High Speed internet in Ensenada

OK, got it..........just didn't know if that was some type of new immigration form................

Unfortunately, the US IRS W-2 doesn't mean diddley in Mexico, so if you are going to work in or from Mexico, gotta follow their rules.
Old 06-03-12, 07:21 PM   #22
Teniente

Sounds like you are going to need DSL internet.

Try to find a place to rent that has had Telnor telephone service. Getting a landline telephone and DSL internet to a place that has had service in the past should be pretty easy.

You will have to go to the Telnor office in town and apply for service.
Old 06-03-12, 09:21 PM   #23
wessongroup

wessongroup is on a distinguished road

Have they gotten larger coverage area of 3G into Ensenada yet ??

We couldn't get coverage, just below Rosarito at 44 km
Old 06-03-12, 09:24 PM   #24
Teniente

Quote:
Originally Posted by wessongroup
Have they gotten larger coverage area of 3G into Ensenada yet ??
Unknown Wiley, still waiting for Telnor at the golf course!!!!!
Old 06-03-12, 09:24 PM   #25
wessongroup

wessongroup is on a distinguished road

with that attitude you'll live forever
Old 06-03-12, 09:34 PM   #26
Teniente

Can't rush things, it's Mexico
Old 09-03-13, 05:42 PM   #27
swhenson

swhenson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonD
I just rented a house near Estero beach. I have been searching & trying to find out where to get high speed internet service with no luck.
I will be running my business parttime down here & need the highest speed service i can get.

But, really looking who to call about getting everything installed. Directv & high speed internet.
so what did you do did you find the fix I am also working on the same thing. Baja Wireless Internet Service Provider ISP Rosarito Beach Baja California Mexico - Baja Wireless Internet Service Provider ISP Rosarito Beach Baja California Mexico
Old 09-03-13, 05:44 PM   #28
swhenson

swhenson is on a distinguished road

do you know of good internet in baja
Old 09-06-13, 12:52 PM   #29
TacosDePescado

TacosDePescado is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonD
I just rented a house near Estero beach. I have been searching & trying to find out where to get high speed internet service with no luck.
I will be running my business parttime down here & need the highest speed service i can get.

But, really looking who to call about getting everything installed. Directv & high speed internet.
Telnor is the best bet for Internet. I get very good download speeds (DSL speed) and the service has been extremely reliable. I pay $375 pesos/month with a local phone line included. My service has been up continuously for seven months with only one interruption, which actually happened just yesterday. No service for a couple of hours then they fixed it and everything's fine.

You can get Cablemas for Internet but I've heard it's not as reliable as Telnor.

For American DirecTV you need a DirecTV box from the states. You just aim your antenna and it will work fine. My landlord provides me with a Los Angeles-based HD DirecTV box and it's great. I'm not sure how you get one if you don't already have a box, but it's pretty common down here so someone should know.
Old 09-06-13, 07:31 PM   #30
Woooosh

Woooosh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacosDePescado
Telnor is the best bet for Internet. I get very good download speeds (DSL speed) and the service has been extremely reliable. I pay $375 pesos/month with a local phone line included. My service has been up continuously for seven months with only one interruption, which actually happened just yesterday. No service for a couple of hours then they fixed it and everything's fine.

You can get Cablemas for Internet but I've heard it's not as reliable as Telnor.

For American DirecTV you need a DirecTV box from the states. You just aim your antenna and it will work fine. My landlord provides me with a Los Angeles-based HD DirecTV box and it's great. I'm not sure how you get one if you don't already have a box, but it's pretty common down here so someone should know.
I agree on TelNor. Fast and reliable. You will see specials on slower and less reliable cable systems. The cable company VOIP phones are troublesome. jmho