Introduce Yourself to the Forum A good place to "dip your toe in the pool". Let the other forums know your connection/interest in Baja...

Old 05-28-12, 04:58 PM   #21
wessongroup

wessongroup is on a distinguished road

Default Re: The New Guy

Good to see everyone getting along .... even the new folks...
Old 05-28-12, 05:23 PM   #22
prorader

prorader is on a distinguished road

Sorry, I am a up front guy, and this guy welcomed me to your board in a rude way. People see your board and are interested in the area, and in 10 minutes some clown comes out and jumps on you. WELCOME to baja, so this clown has 1000 posts, and I am new so now if I move there and stay here I have deal with this crap. Sorry I don't think so Dennis
Old 05-28-12, 05:37 PM   #23
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Did I miss something???

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 05-28-12, 05:49 PM   #24
prorader

It must be your hair, kind a cool for an old guy.

This is the deal, I joined today because I am going to move to Baja, so I am who I am I do not hide behide the wall, I say what I think and I mean what I say, and this, I will be nice clown jumps me from my first post. I thought your board was cool until I met David
By the way my official military rank is above what you allow me but that is okay

Last edited by prorader; 05-28-12 at 05:54 PM.
Old 05-28-12, 09:58 PM   #25
Marty Cortez

Marty Cortez is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by prorader
...due me a big favor...Go away...

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: You can easily accomplish that yourself.

User CP(Control Panel) at top of page >>> Edit Ignore List(left side column)

All it takes is a little self-discipline to not let your curiosity get the better of you(because you will still see that they posted, but the post contents will not appear unless you allow it)
Old 06-04-12, 07:47 AM   #26
prorader

Thanks DENNIS yoiur a sweet heart
Old 06-04-12, 08:25 AM   #27
Teniente

Teniente is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by prorader
sorry I answered someone else and you on the same post. As I stated in my first post, I have never been there but the person that I am talking to is talking about an area that is the 6 mile long beach?
The area is known to locals as "the Spit". It is a sand barrier between Ensenada bay and the Estero..

Just a word of caution.....in the winter, it can be cold and damp. Since the majority of heat used in this area is propane or a wood burning fireplace (very few have central heat), figure those additional costs into your budget. A lot of people buy roll around portable propane room heaters to supplement the existing heaters or fireplaces.

Also, depending on where on the "spit"......look for a place that has neighbors for security. I know of one couple who moved into upper Campo LaJolla due to security concerns and the difficulty in heating their rental on the "spit".