Introduce Yourself to the Forum A good place to "dip your toe in the pool". Let the other forums know your connection/interest in Baja...

Old 06-16-12, 08:52 PM   #21
sycho

sycho is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Newly arrived in Playas de Tijuana

Quote:
Originally Posted by longlegsinlapaz
I respect the laws, rules & regulations of my adoptive & adopted country, whether they make sense to me personally or not; but then, I did in the USA, too.
Sorry. I should have just addressed this one sentence. It says all that needs to be said. I applaud your decision to be one of the sheep. I have chosen not to be part of the flock.
Old 06-23-12, 06:37 AM   #22
prorader

prorader is on a distinguished road

Man I did what you did several years ago. I came by bus at 4 AM, there was a gun fight at the border and the Army made the bus go ahead and not stop at customs so we did. After I arrived at my destination I got busy doing things and forgot about it for over 1 year. I got caught, had to get a lawyer go to the Immigration in Guadalajara and see the big boss. With the lawyers fee and the large fine and then the fee for the Visa was a fair amount of pesos. DO not forget.
Old 06-25-12, 11:08 PM   #23
TravelPro787

TravelPro787 is on a distinguished road

How difficult is it to spend 15 minutes and $18.00 for 6 months of legality?

I was in a meeting at Rosarito City Hall today regarding the new animal abuse and neglect laws that were just passed and the city official reminded all of the expats attending that any form of visa, FMM, FM2 or FM3 gives us the same rights as a Mexican citizen.

The subject came up when an expat asked about our ability to report violators of the new laws.

Never forget that we are all GUESTS of this country and that ignoring the most basic immigration law is a reflection of your respect for the country overall. I worry about psycho's ability to understand that and wonder if he dislikes Mexico as much as he does the United States.