Moving to Baja Full/Part Time Should we? How to Do It? Moving Furniture, etc...

Old 12-10-13, 02:24 PM   #61
soulpatch

soulpatch is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Nayarit - A Baja alternative

Thanks all.

Going to experiment for a bit. I've never been a writer but it is like muscles..... gotta work 'em out to make 'em strong.

Or, to just figure out your limits!

Don't worry, I only have one feeling and I keep it buried deep.
Old 02-03-14, 12:29 PM   #62
soulpatch

So,
Baja is still in our hearts. We have discussed selling our piece of sand in Bahia de Los Angeles but we just can't do it.... we haven't been there for awhile but we ARE going to get there......
Anyway, we have been living in Nayarit now for more than a year.
We have learned much, been enriched and grown as a family together.

We will be moving, soon, to San Miguel de Allende in the estado Guanajuato!

Living in a small village has many pluses. The down sides of living in a small village are, well, that it's a small village!

San Miguel is in the heart and soul of this country. It is time for some history and exposure to parts of the different culture within this grand pais!

And a library to boot!

Funny, I have heard from many that where we are going is a gringo enclave. That maybe where we are living is too Mexican for us.... kind of weird and damn near laughable, I think.

Of course, those sentiments come from gringos. And, gringos that own land or houses and can't move.

Without exception, every Mexicano that we have broached this with immediately tells us how much they love it there. They have lived there, wanted to live there or have family there and they visit often if they can.

We like our renter freedom..... it really gives us so many options!

No, it is just time to move on..... we didn't immigrate to this country to only experience one small beach community's lifestyle. We are in it for the whole nut.

We are starting to envision our lives as akin to land-yachting.... in one port for awhile..... then on to the next!

So, anyway, that's what is next on the agenda!
Old 02-04-14, 11:24 AM   #63
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Whenever someone mentions BOLA I always think of you guys. Was wondering what you guys were thinking about your place down there and if this sojourn you are on just might end up there one day when the kids are all grown up and out???

You guys are truly blessed and emit a very positive vibe that is obviously picked up by those around you which explains why you guys have so many great experiences wherever you go.

Keep safe, journey on and enjoy amigo...

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 02-05-14, 10:56 AM   #64
soulpatch

Smile Re: Nayarit - A Baja alternative

My wife and I are deeply touched by your words..... I have been thinking of how to respond to your statement with the appropriate respect.

Funny, but yesterday we were in Puerto Vallarta at the galleria, which is a trip by the way, and a young woman working at Starbucks started asking us about our kids, family, lifestyle, why life is better for us here since for her the USA seems better, everything.

She ended up coming out from behind the counter to hug our kids and tell us that she can see that we are a unique family and that our love is strong and we are united.

She then started to cry! She said she was so touched by whatever we were projecting at that moment that she couldn't help it and she was very surprised at her reaction!

Of course, you never know what hardships people have faced and, here in Mexico, you can be assured that nothing is easy for many of these young people and that many families have parents who travel far away to provide....

We have lived in two and spent much time in a third Mexican town where we have had locals tell us when we have made it public we will be leaving that their towns need people and families like ours..... I have never quite know what to say to that or how to even process that!

Not that we have or need large circles of friends but it is always surprising to us who has actually spent the time to observe us and our lifestyle.

We are just who we are and we stay true to ourselves and our dreams....

It is not always comfortable to do so but we know if we don't stay true to our selves then we will not be living our lives as we should.

BoLA.... you may very well be right on that score, Ron.

My wife and I discuss it often.

And, being the only piece of dirt in the world that we "own".... OK, lease... it is not a bad proposition.

¿Quién sabe, nó?