General Discussion If it's Baja Related but Don't Know Where? Post it Here...

Old 05-13-13, 08:46 PM   #21
David K

David K is on a distinguished road

Default Re: El Triunfo Cemetery Tour Finally Realized!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob H
David, I love this old photo... it puts everything in it's place when looking at the modern day photos... Wow
Thank you Bob, I appreciate hearing how it helps... confirms what I was trying to add to this fine thread.
Old 05-14-13, 09:13 AM   #22
Jack Swords

Jack Swords is on a distinguished road

Very nice photos, visiting cemeteries helps keep the deceased alive. The El Triunfo cemetery is one of the best. Loreto's is interesting, as are the two above Santa Rosalia.

When we were at the piano museum during a rainstorm this winter, water was dripping down from that ceiling onto some of the pianos, didn't bother anyone.

Thanks again for the thorough posting.
Old 05-14-13, 09:48 AM   #23
longlegsinlapaz

longlegsinlapaz is on a distinguished road

I take that as high praise coming from you, Jack Swords! Thank you! I'm not typically a cemetery touring kinda person but for some reason the El Triunfo cemetery has always intrigued me.

When we toured the music museum, I asked about several very modern-day items (i.e., transisters radios & ghetto-blasters!) sitting amongst the truly antique pianos & exotic instruments from places like Africa.....I was told, "It's a Music Museum & they accept donations of any & all generations & genre.....any items having anything to do with music in any form." I agree that they could be making a little more effort to protect & preserve the rare & beautiful old pieces!! I wonder how many bottles of Liquid Gold all that old wood would soak up!
Old 05-14-13, 07:42 PM   #24
rts551

rts551 is on a distinguished road

Wow. What great pictures. The times we have gone through El Triunfo during our races there I always swore to come back to take more tie to explore. You have re-wetted my apitite. Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-14-13, 08:43 PM   #25
longlegsinlapaz

longlegsinlapaz is on a distinguished road

Much appreciated rts551! Happy to have re-whetted your interest! There's time.....after all, it only took me 14 years to finally take a full day & go off-road down 2-3 cattle filled arroyo roads to track down the elusive cemetery....with no directional signage! Glad my pics provided a reminder for you.
Old 05-15-13, 03:59 AM   #26
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

While traveling recently back along the east coast we stopped to see an old, civil war era cemetery. Was very interesting and ended up spending a few hours just walking along and reading the headstones.

Outside San Quintin we have our own version called the English cemetery.

Thanks Legs for sharing - really interesting...

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic