General Discussion If it's Baja Related but Don't Know Where? Post it Here...

Old 04-23-13, 10:29 AM   #41
Woooosh

Woooosh is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Patient Mexicans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENNIS
That's pretty much the goal of the current street wars between cartels....to narrow it down to one.

Looks like Sinaloa has been chosen by default.
Remember....Chapo made the Forbes list....for which, I feel, Forbes should be prosecuted.
I think Forbes omitted Chapo this year for that very reason Dennis. A lot of people like you found it unconscionable. During the past few years there has been talk about the gov't preferring one cartel over another. So let's say the Cartel of choice becomes the one run by El Chapo. His cartel already controls Australia and some European markets. That cartel is given the green light to operate the drug monopoly. After some "house cleaning", what's the worst that could happen? Peace and the illusion of normalcy?
Old 04-23-13, 04:47 PM   #42
bwall

bwall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woooosh
I think Forbes omitted Chapo this year for that very reason Dennis. A lot of people like you found it unconscionable. During the past few years there has been talk about the gov't preferring one cartel over another. So let's say the Cartel of choice becomes the one run by El Chapo. His cartel already controls Australia and some European markets. That cartel is given the green light to operate the drug monopoly. After some "house cleaning", what's the worst that could happen? Peace and the illusion of normalcy?
That's all well and good but since there is so much lead flying, what if the leader of the Cartel of Choice bites the dust? Then you will see all hell break loose as competitors vie for plazas and quite likely a war of succession occurs as was the case when the top leaders were taken out of La Familia, Gulf, Tijuana, Juarez and Betran-Leyba. The zetas just had their top tier removed and I believe it's happening with them as well. . . . .
Old 04-23-13, 05:21 PM   #43
DENNIS

DENNIS is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE]=bwall;36227]
That's all well and good but since there is so much lead flying, what if the leader of the Cartel of Choice bites the dust? QUOTE]

That's kinda like speculating on what would happen if our president got killed while we fight in the Middle East.

Anyway...if number one goes out, number two steps in.
Gotta remember, the Sinaloa cartel is probably bigger and richer than Microsoft [don't ask for numbers], so I'm sure they have the unexpected covered.