General Discussion If it's Baja Related but Don't Know Where? Post it Here...

Old 10-23-13, 01:47 PM   #21
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Legal personal defense options in Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENNIS
You tuck it into that new TV set you paid fifty bucks to import.
And many down here do that very exact thing.

We had an incident over on the bay side involving a guero (I know you hate the term gr***o) a couple of years back where some intruders were breaking into a neighbors house one night. He had a shotgun and fired off a couple of rounds into the air to scare them off. Apparently it worked as they head off into the bay to swim across to El Molino, a distance of about a half mile. Only one made it across. My buddy Reyes was there at the Molino when the police arrested the surviving perp and dragged the other guy out. They investigated and although the guero had zero paperwork on the shotgun, they simply said thanks and handed it back to him. Not sure how they do things down on the southern side of the peninsula but that is how they handle things around here...

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 10-23-13, 02:58 PM   #22
Teniente

Teniente is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaGringo

We had an incident over on the bay side involving a guero (I know you hate the term gr***o) a couple of years back where some intruders were breaking into a neighbors house one night. He had a shotgun and fired off a couple of rounds into the air to scare them off. Apparently it worked as they head off into the bay to swim across to El Molino, a distance of about a half mile. Only one made it across. My buddy Reyes was there at the Molino when the police arrested the surviving perp and dragged the other guy out. They investigated and although the guero had zero paperwork on the shotgun, they simply said thanks and handed it back to him. Not sure how they do things down on the southern side of the peninsula but that is how they handle things around here...
As it should be!!
Old 10-23-13, 03:49 PM   #23
DENNIS

DENNIS is on a distinguished road

Quote:

(I know you hate the term gr***o) ...

I gladly accept guero. It's "gringo" that I repel from.
Old 10-28-13, 06:57 AM   #24
kboy24

kboy24 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teniente
What model and generation Glock do you have and how much do you want for it???
Glock 17 Generation 3 and it;s not for sale sorry. I've been buying 33 round mags for it that are also illegal in california. You got a place at The country club? That's where we golf when we're at our place in Corona Beach. Last camp next to Air force base...
Old 10-28-13, 11:16 AM   #25
sancho

sancho is on a distinguished road

Quote:
the guero had zero paperwork on the shotgun, they simply said thanks and handed it back to him

Frontier Justice does exist and accepted in places, reminds me of a bit about
a Cruise Ship that ported Caribbean side of Costa Rica, Some older folks
went ashore, 1 of the guys came out of a store to find his party being robbed
at gunpoint, he put the perp in a choke hold, at which the perp dies on the spot, the
Police responded, took statements, rendered a verdict on the spot,
justifiable, free to go
Old 10-30-13, 07:37 PM   #26
Teniente

Teniente is on a distinguished road

Yup, we are at the BCC. Let me know the next time you will be here. I have a generation 4 model 23, also a 9mm conversion barrel and 9mm mags. Sweet shooter

PS: For those of you who might assume something from my above post, the answer is no, the Glock is not in Mexico. There are other ways to make a "statement" to someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kboy24
Glock 17 Generation 3 and it;s not for sale sorry. I've been buying 33 round mags for it that are also illegal in california. You got a place at The country club? That's where we golf when we're at our place in Corona Beach. Last camp next to Air force base...

Last edited by Teniente; 10-31-13 at 06:14 AM.
Old 11-14-13, 06:36 PM   #27
805gregg

805gregg is on a distinguished road

Air rifles are legal and a good one can be lethal
Old 11-14-13, 07:26 PM   #28
DENNIS

DENNIS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 805gregg
Air rifles are legal and a good one can be lethal

Yeah...some are, but I'm not so sure about the .22 cal air rifles. There may be a fine line here that I wouldn't care to pay for in a personal challenge with the law.

That said....Louisville Sluggers are legal....at least until you beat some asshole's head soft with a "Willy Mays" model.
Old 11-15-13, 01:45 PM   #29
Red Baron

Red Baron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENNIS
Yeah...some are, but I'm not so sure about the .22 cal air rifles. There may be a fine line here that I wouldn't care to pay for in a personal challenge with the law.

That said....Louisville Sluggers are legal....at least until you beat some asshole's head soft with a "Willy Mays" model.
Both .22 and .177 cal. air rifles are sold at the new wall mart also across the street at a sporting goods store next to Soriana.
Both calibers are also sold by Diso sporting goods on Ruiz.

In the box is documentation stating that they are not fire arms.

That they are legal in all states of Mexico.

That they do NOT require registration.

Only restriction is the min, age of 18 years to purchase.

I have two in .22 cal and two in .177 cal.

I can attest to the fact that the .177 factory rated at 1100 FPS will drop an adult Pit Bull in its tracks with hardly a whimper.

Two Ensenada Police officers I talked to about them said they regard air rifles as toys.
I on the other hand regard them as lethal weapons.
Old 11-19-13, 06:40 PM   #30
805gregg

I've got an air rifle that will put a huge dent in thick steel, if that was your throat, face or upper body, you would not continue attacking, keep an eye out for Big 5 sales, I got great deals on 2 good rifles
Old 11-20-13, 07:09 AM   #31
Woooosh

Woooosh is on a distinguished road

There are "devices" on line that convert a standard flare gun to be able to shoot shotgun shells. A little drastic, but nice to have in a pinch I suppose.
Old 11-20-13, 07:22 PM   #32
805gregg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woooosh
There are "devices" on line that convert a standard flare gun to be able to shoot shotgun shells. A little drastic, but nice to have in a pinch I suppose.
That's good to know