General Discussion If it's Baja Related but Don't Know Where? Post it Here...

Old 07-16-13, 08:25 AM   #41
MexicaliAlan

MexicaliAlan is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Ready Lane Otay Mesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob H
I think the reason is MONEY! If you need both, you have to pay for both of them.
$20.00 US for the card when getting a passport book is big money to the US gov´t.

Probably doesn´t cover the cost to manufacture the card.
Old 07-16-13, 08:57 AM   #42
Woooosh

Woooosh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
Does anyone know where to obtain a Ready Lane Pass in Rosarito Beach?
Last I heard the "Mongolian Grill" restaurant on Popotla Blvd was still giving them out with sit down meals- but not for To-Go orders. The RB Hotel gives them out with an overnight stay.
Old 08-05-13, 05:01 PM   #43
Uzun

Uzun is on a distinguished road

I've been asking about the viability of ready lanes, and the cbp site had the info all along!

from - Expansion of Hours for Otay Mesa Ready Lane - CBP.gov

At the Otay Mesa port of entry, 48 percent of all vehicle traffic uses the Ready Lanes, and 21 percent use the SENTRI lanes. The Ready Lanes are about 19 percent faster than the general lanes. In essence, travelers utilizing the Ready Lane will experience a shorter wait time.

At the Port of San Ysidro, 26 percent of all vehicle traffic use the Ready Lanes, 39 percent use the SENTRI lanes. The Ready Lanes are about 20 percent faster than the general lanes.
Old 08-06-13, 07:11 AM   #44
larry

larry is on a distinguished road

Smile Re: Ready Lane Otay Mesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzun
I've been asking about the viability of ready lanes, and the cbp site had the info all along!

from - Expansion of Hours for Otay Mesa Ready Lane - CBP.gov

At the Otay Mesa port of entry, 48 percent of all vehicle traffic uses the Ready Lanes, and 21 percent use the SENTRI lanes. The Ready Lanes are about 19 percent faster than the general lanes. In essence, travelers utilizing the Ready Lane will experience a shorter wait time.

At the Port of San Ysidro, 26 percent of all vehicle traffic use the Ready Lanes, 39 percent use the SENTRI lanes. The Ready Lanes are about 20 percent faster than the general lanes.
Just curious, how did you get the above info?
Old 08-08-13, 04:26 PM   #45
larry

larry is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
Just curious, how did you get the above info?
I guess I answered my own question. You quoted from an article written by the CBP.
Old 08-09-13, 11:43 AM   #46
sargentodiaz

sargentodiaz is on a distinguished road

We returned via Otay and saw both the SRI and Ready Lanes,

The SRI lane moved slower than we were in the regular lanes.

However, the Ready Lanes moved right along.