Baja Border Crossing San Ysidro-Tecate-Mexicali / Sentri and Ready Lane

Old 08-05-13, 04:23 PM   #41
Uzun

Uzun is on a distinguished road

Default Re: SENTRI Denied!

Yea I applied for SENTRI like the originator of the post, and was denied. Appealed and heard nothing back.
Old 08-05-13, 04:41 PM   #42
Teniente

Teniente is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzun
Yea I applied for SENTRI like the originator of the post, and was denied. Appealed and heard nothing back.
Don't give up, call the Ombudsman.....number is listed or should be on your paperwork
Old 08-05-13, 05:03 PM   #43
Uzun

I should call directly. I emailed and mailed via post office. I'll look for the number in my materials. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 08-05-13, 05:43 PM   #44
Teniente

Quote:
I should call directly. I emailed and mailed via post office. I'll look for the number in my materials. Thanks for the heads up!
Then call your US Congressperson and Senator
Old 08-05-13, 06:32 PM   #45
tjsue

tjsue is on a distinguished road

I have to get down to TJ in the next week or so to look for an apartment, so I have to wait. That's where all my $$ is going to go for right now. I'll write letters after I get moved, and when I write letters, I get results.
Old 08-05-13, 09:58 PM   #46
Doc Rey

Doc Rey is on a distinguished road

Question Re: SENTRI Denied!

Applied for renewal going on 3 mths back. "Pending Review" is all I keep seeing. It expires Aug. 16th. Should I be worried?
Old 08-06-13, 03:13 PM   #47
DENNIS

DENNIS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Rey
Applied for renewal going on 3 mths back. "Pending Review" is all I keep seeing. It expires Aug. 16th. Should I be worried?
They love it when you worry.
Old 08-07-13, 10:49 AM   #48
tjsue

I found this online:

You also have a right to view records that CBP may have on you. You may seek copies pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), by writing to:

U.S. Customs and Border Protection
Office of Field Operations
FOIA/Customer Satisfaction Unit, Room 5.5-C
1300 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington DC 20229

You should not use the FOIA address to seek an appeal, explanation or review of your application. This address must only to be used to request copies of the information CBP may have on file.

Please be advised that CBP often relies on data from other agencies (i.e. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Federal Bureau of Investigations, Drug Enforcement Agency) and your denial or revocation may have been based upon those records. In order to view records that may be on file with another agency, you will need to contact them directly.
Old 08-07-13, 03:44 PM   #49
larry

larry is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsue
I found this online:

You also have a right to view records that CBP may have on you. You may seek copies pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), by writing to:

U.S. Customs and Border Protection
Office of Field Operations
FOIA/Customer Satisfaction Unit, Room 5.5-C
1300 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington DC 20229

You should not use the FOIA address to seek an appeal, explanation or review of your application. This address must only to be used to request copies of the information CBP may have on file.

Please be advised that CBP often relies on data from other agencies (i.e. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Federal Bureau of Investigations, Drug Enforcement Agency) and your denial or revocation may have been based upon those records. In order to view records that may be on file with another agency, you will need to contact them directly.
If you use this process(FOIA), it will take months and the reports sent back to you may be highly edited, i.e black out names, details, etc.
Old 08-15-13, 02:16 PM   #50
Doc Rey

Doc Rey is on a distinguished road

Hallelujah! Just notified, renewal approved! With one day to spare, even!
Old 08-15-13, 05:24 PM   #51
Woooosh

Woooosh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Rey
Hallelujah! Just notified, renewal approved! With one day to spare, even!
Old 08-15-13, 09:08 PM   #52
tjsue

Congratulations!
Old 09-21-13, 08:22 PM   #53
Uzun

I got an email from the GOES website saying my status had changed. They told me to schedule an appt and bring all the regular stuff, car, registration, passport, utlility bill etc. Hopefully I will get approved this time. I am headed back to Otay on oct 1st.
Old 09-21-13, 09:04 PM   #54
tjsue

I still haven't heard anything back from them. If I don't, I plan to try to make an appointment with a supervisor to appeal it. My new landlord thinks I was denied due to my low income, and suggested that I wait until I'm established in my new apartment. That way my expenses will be a lot lower, and he thinks I'll get approved.

I just checked the website, and my status hasn't changed. Maybe I'll get lucky, like you, because it'll really be convenient for crossing the border for work.

Last edited by tjsue; 09-21-13 at 09:12 PM.
Old 09-22-13, 07:03 AM   #55
Teniente

[QUOTE=tjsue;38447]"............My new landlord thinks I was denied due to my low income........."

I didn't know SENTRI had a minimum income level to qualify
Old 09-22-13, 07:21 AM   #56
DENNIS

[QUOTE=Teniente;38449]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsue
"............My new landlord thinks I was denied due to my low income........."

I didn't know SENTRI had a minimum income level to qualify

Do they even ask for income info?
Old 09-22-13, 07:27 AM   #57
Teniente

[QUOTE=DENNIS;38450]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teniente

Do they even ask for income info?

Nope. Methinks they (CBP) just want employer info if you are working. I can't find anything that sets minimum income.

From the CBP website:

Evidence of employment or financial support. (For instance, most recent years tax return, pay receipt, or direct deposit salary statement. Those self-employed must present a business license, current tax information and bank statement)

SENTRI Program Description - CBP.gov
Old 09-22-13, 09:14 AM   #58
tjsue

One of the items that they asked for was a rent receipt, and my rent in San Diego is more than my Social Security every month. I get a little unemployment and work part-time, but apparently it wasn't good enough. The officer wasn't happy that I didn't have the original copy of my registration and insurance card with me. I told him that I don't carry the originals with me, he then asked if they were in my vehicle, and I told him again that I don't carry the originals, I carry copies.

He then went into the back, and when he came back out, he told me that I didn't meet the Trusted Traveler Standards, and that I could appeal the decision.

Maybe I'll have better luck next time. In the meantime, every time that I cross back into the US, I get sent to secondary, whether I'm driving or walking.

I guess I must look like a criminal.
Old 09-22-13, 02:36 PM   #59
Uzun

I entered my appeal to Ombudsman at the website I think it was the GOES website electronically many months ago. The response about the change of status and the letter came from Williston VT via email to me through the GOES website.

It took a long time for them to respond in any way.

I'm still not sure they are going to grant me my pass, but they are acting like they will. They have not said one way or another, they are cryptic as usual. Just said my status has changed and asked me to report to Otay Mesa with all my docs.

-Roger
Old 09-22-13, 02:38 PM   #60
DENNIS

Quote:
Just said my status has changed and asked me to report to Otay Mesa with all my docs.

-Roger

Good luck. Hope it works out for you.