Baja News Wire Latest News from Baja California, Mexico

Old 09-24-13, 07:35 AM   #21
Teniente

Teniente is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Police shoot-out in front of our Rosarito Beach House.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Churro
Wooosh... Do you think you would retire farther south in Baja? Maybe cash in on your home and move to south or central Baja??

Where do you live Dennis? safe there?

I only ask because I have always wanted to have a SECOND home down there some day. I dont think I would retire down there full time... but i am only 48

I have been going down to Baja since I was a kid... I remember when San Filipe had one stop light and it was on wheels, it had an extension cord running from the liquor store to the center of the street where they parked it.... those were the days!
Churro...........

Safe is a relative thing. Are you "safe" where you are???? I currently live in a what I consider a "safe" area of Ensenada however I wouldn't go into certain areas at night......just like I wouldn't go into certain areas of Reno or Las Vegas at night.

Dennis has a great house in a "safe" area of Punta Banda

The term and location of "safe" is a moving target....some people have a low tolerance for safety, some have a high tolerance.....depends on the person.

Come on down to Ensenada, look around, talk to people, rent for a while then make a decision

We like it here, I think you will also.
Old 09-24-13, 11:18 AM   #22
Woooosh

Woooosh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teniente
Churro...........

Safe is a relative thing. Are you "safe" where you are???? I currently live in a what I consider a "safe" area of Ensenada however I wouldn't go into certain areas at night......just like I wouldn't go into certain areas of Reno or Las Vegas at night.

Dennis has a great house in a "safe" area of Punta Banda

The term and location of "safe" is a moving target....some people have a low tolerance for safety, some have a high tolerance.....depends on the person.

Come on down to Ensenada, look around, talk to people, rent for a while then make a decision

We like it here, I think you will also.
I agree. Everyone has their own safety comfort zones. It's safe enough to visit as a day-tourist, living here 24/7 is a whole different animal. Baja looked really good six years ago when Trump and all were investing and people had money to invest from their home equity. Now there is a glut of houses for sale and deportees are enjoying the cheap rent. Baja will recover economically with time- but no one lives forever to wait it out. I know I'm not waiting. Never invest more here than you are willing to walk away from and you'll have no worries or regrets when you do. jmho.
Old 09-24-13, 11:29 AM   #23
Teniente

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woooosh
I agree. Everyone has their own safety comfort zones. It's safe enough to visit as a day-tourist, living here 24/7 is a whole different animal. Baja looked really good six years ago when Trump and all were investing and people had money to invest from their home equity. Now there is a glut of houses for sale and deportees are enjoying the cheap rent. Baja will recover economically with time- but no one lives forever to wait it out. I know I'm not waiting. Never invest more here than you are willing to walk away from and you'll have no worries or regrets when you do. jmho.

After visiting Rosarito starting in 1962, and vacationing there at various times of the year for about 22 years, we decided that Ensenada better fit our needs/wants and lifestyle.

It is interesting that sales of lots and building of houses has increased at the Baja Country Club.......must be extra money that the Nationals and Ex-Pats have

Last edited by Teniente; 09-24-13 at 11:35 AM.
Old 09-24-13, 01:04 PM   #24
Woooosh

Quote:
After visiting Rosarito starting in 1962, and vacationing there at various times of the year for about 22 years, we decided that Ensenada better fit our needs/wants and lifestyle.

It is interesting that sales of lots and building of houses has increased at the Baja Country Club.......must be extra money that the Nationals and Ex-Pats have
the 1% is having no problem these days.
Old 09-24-13, 01:06 PM   #25
Teniente

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woooosh
the 1% is having no problem these days.
It appears to be more than 1%.......the middle class here seems to be doing OK
Old 09-25-13, 01:53 PM   #26
Woooosh

Quote:
It appears to be more than 1%.......the middle class here seems to be doing OK
Let's hope that continues. My neighbors area adding on to their houses and seem to be doing just fine.