Introduce Yourself to the Forum A good place to "dip your toe in the pool". Let the other forums know your connection/interest in Baja...

Old 12-13-09, 12:12 AM   #1
Amigo Arizona

Amigo Arizona is on a distinguished road

Smile Hi from arizona

Hi,
Wow what a super site.
I found it by luck. I searched google using key words San Quintin. I viewed quite a few posts and they seem to be pretty informative. There also seem's to be be quite a few characters. LOL
Anyhow I am presently building a home in Punta Banda just south of Ensenada. I can not wait to retire. I will probably retire in two more years. I have been visiting Mexico alot over the last 5 years. I speak good enough Spanish to get along fine. Ensenada fits my needs just fine. Close to the border, moderate weather, and plenty of things to do. I almost decided on San Quintin but wanted closer to the border.
Anyhow nice to belong to the forum and hope to be of help to others regarding what I know and may have some questions I need help with.
Take care,
Keith
Old 12-13-09, 06:48 AM   #2
DENNIS

DENNIS is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Hi from arizona

Welcome aboard, Keith, and welcome to the PB neighborhood. Where are you building?
Old 12-13-09, 08:05 AM   #3
Teniente

Teniente is on a distinguished road

Welcome, Keith

I have a place just down the road from you at the Baja Country Club. Will you be in PB for the holidays???
Old 12-13-09, 10:40 AM   #4
Nighttrain

Nighttrain is on a distinguished road

Hi, Keith. We live in Punta Banda full-time and would enjoy meeting you when you're here. Where are you building your home? In the meantime, if you want to keep up with doings in PB, join this website which is dedicated to local issues and events: puntabandanewsletter : PUNTA BANDA COMMUNITY BULLETIN BOARD .
Old 12-13-09, 12:15 PM   #5
Amigo Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teniente
Welcome, Keith

I have a place just down the road from you at the Baja Country Club. Will you be in PB for the holidays???
I know where you are located. I inquired about possibly buying a home there. The homes are beautiful there and the amenities are great. That was a couple of years ago. My home is being built in Puerto Escondido on top of the hill (800 feet). I am sure you know where that is. I just love the views I will have. I bought a double lot so I will not have any height restictions. This will allow me a 360 degree view. I will be able to see the Ocean, Ensenada, and the bay.

I will be down the 27th, 28th and 29th and a small chance I will be down on the 18th.
Please keep in touch and maybe we could meet up sometime.
Take care,
Keith
Old 12-13-09, 12:30 PM   #6
Amigo Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENNIS
Welcome aboard, Keith, and welcome to the PB neighborhood. Where are you building?
Hi Dennis,
Thanks for the reply. I am building in Puerto Escondido. If you go past Cantu and continue up the hill to where it levels out you will see a small guard building on the left and a gate on the left side of the road. Turn there to the left and follow the road I would say about a mile up the hill. You will run into the entrance for Puerto Escondido. You cant miss the sign. If you follow the entrance road straight in, my home is the farthest home in that is being built.

I will be down some time in December. Probably the end of December, but maybe the 18th or 19th.

I am sure I will have some questions once I get close to moving in. I will probably work two more years. I dont want to work past 60 years old.
Oh well take care and catch ya later.
Keith
Old 12-13-09, 12:54 PM   #7
Amigo Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighttrain
Hi, Keith. We live in Punta Banda full-time and would enjoy meeting you when you're here. Where are you building your home? In the meantime, if you want to keep up with doings in PB, join this website which is dedicated to local issues and events: puntabandanewsletter : PUNTA BANDA COMMUNITY BULLETIN BOARD .
Hi,
Thanks for the invite. I will probably be down the end of December for sure and maybe the 18th and/or 19th. I just love Punta Banda. I looked quite a bit for places in Mexico. I liked San Quintin alot but it was a little too far south. Once I saw the Punta Bnda area I knew that it was for me. I am building at Puerto Escondido. It is on the mountain. From Cantu go up the hill to where it levels out. You will see a small security building and gate. Turn left there. About a mile up the hill you will see the Puerto Escondido sign. Go straight in and you will see a few homes being built. Of the new homes being built my home is the furthest down the road
Thanks for letting me know about the web site. I had been to it before but saw it mentioned in one of your reports last night and decided to become a member.
Take care
Keith
Old 12-13-09, 12:56 PM   #8
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum Keith - why don't you start a thread about your building project here. As you probably figured out, we love photos here...
Old 12-13-09, 01:00 PM   #9
Amigo Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaGringo
Welcome to the forum Keith - why don't you start a thread about your building project here. As you probably figured out, we love photos here...
LOL you folks are too cool. I sure will post some photos . You are one of the characters I was talking about. But a good character I am sure. From reading the forum I take it that you are at San Quintin. Nice place. Beautiful bays and beaches and super for the avid fisherman.
I am sure I will have plenty of questions as my move gets close.
Take care
Keith
Old 12-26-09, 07:12 AM   #10
ELINVESTIG8R

ELINVESTIG8R is on a distinguished road

Welcome Amigo Arizona to

Old 01-03-10, 01:09 AM   #11
Wanna'GO

Wanna'GO is on a distinguished road

Default Hello to all

We have 12 months to go, Hoping to be in Mexico December 2010.
We are going to build, in San Lucas Bay in between Mulege and Sant Rosarito
First things first was a Fishing Boat. Now we are looking for a travel trailer to live in.

There is so much to learn about moving to Mexico.

We are in Idaho it cold.