Baja Wine Tasting Guadalupe Valley, Santo Tomas and More...

Old 05-26-09, 06:40 PM   #1
Diane

Diane is on a distinguished road

Default Vina de Liceaga

Another beautiful winery in Valle de San Antonio de las Minas (ie...Highway 3) is Vina de Liceaga.

It is one of the most beautiful facilities I've been in...anywhere. Very Spanish styling. We really like the 2007 Chenin Blanc. Brilliant color, with tastes of pear, pineapple, green apple, melon and guayaba.

Also got a few bottles of the big red "L" to put away for a few years. It was a limited reserve done in honor of the founder.

This is more expensive wine - more along the lines of a Napa winery - and it definitely holds it own against them.

Most of the reds they were serving were too young. I'm going to watch their wines though, if they do develop well, we'll probably start stockpiling some.

Can't wait for my California foodie friends to come visit. This place will knock their socks off.
Old 05-26-09, 06:46 PM   #2
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Vina de Liceaga

Good add Diane - here is there website...

Vina de Liceaga - Website

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 05-26-09, 08:50 PM   #3
Nighttrain

Nighttrain is on a distinguished road

Try the 2005 Merlot Gran Reserva. It's drinkable now, and it is truly outstanding. Liceaga also makes a couple of terrific grappas---comparable to the good Italian stuff.
Old 05-26-09, 09:14 PM   #4
Diane

Diane is on a distinguished road

Oh, man, that grappa was amazing. I wasn't the one driving after a few of those, though....