Baja Photo Uploads / Trip Reports Pics from your road trips, fishing and camping adventures. Baja Dogs are welcome...

Old 03-10-10, 06:49 PM   #21
longlegsinlapaz

longlegsinlapaz is on a distinguished road

Default Re: The Fruits of My Labors....

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Guera
That is disappointing. I was hoping to find somewhere (else) to send him as he seems intent on wanting to come down to stay with me. He keeps telling me I need to have a man around the house. If you knew my tio poncho you would know that he is about as brave as Barney Fife.
So much for all that sisterhood nonsense if you were hoping to fob Tio Poncho off on me!! He's YOUR Tio....so family obligation & all that, responsibility falls on YOUR shoulders!! Besides, something tells me I got bigger brass ones than Tio Poncho!
Old 03-21-10, 12:10 PM   #22
longlegsinlapaz

Mandarina update....LOOK at all the fruit I'm going to be able to harvest....at the rate the tree is growing vertically, I'll be picking from the ground....sitting on the ground!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	March 15, 2019  Mandarina.jpg

Views:	43

Size:	609.9 KB

ID:	1545   Click image for larger version

Name:	March 15, 2019  Mandarina (2).jpg

Views:	30

Size:	627.9 KB

ID:	1546  
Old 03-23-10, 09:23 AM   #23
BajaNuts1

BajaNuts1 is on a distinguished road

Hey 'Legs, your garden is missing something. You need to add a few local plants like these-

Don't worry, they LOVE 70's rock!
Attached Images

Texas Creek Products | Hot Sauce, Dips, Glazes & Spice Mix

Last edited by BajaNuts1; 03-23-10 at 09:54 AM.
Old 03-23-10, 10:18 AM   #24
longlegsinlapaz

Hmmmmmmmmm....hey Nutz, why do those look suspiciously like HOT things??? I don't do hot! I do like sweet peppers though!
Old 03-23-10, 10:48 AM   #25
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

I could be mistaken but those look strangely similar to bell peppers, although the point on the end of one threw me off for a second. They do come in all types of shapes and if they bare indeed bell peppers, they are NOT hot.

If they are not bell peppers, just ignore the ramblings of an ignorant old fool...
Old 03-23-10, 11:15 AM   #26
BajaNuts1

heeeheeeheehee~

these are commonly known as Trinidad Scorpions.........

can you guess why?

Old 03-23-10, 11:18 AM   #27
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

They bloom from October 23rd to November 22nd???

Old 03-23-10, 03:47 PM   #28
longlegsinlapaz

No "ignorant old fool" (please notice that is a direct quote!!) It's because they BELONG in Trinidad!

And undoubtedly your tongue feels like it got stung by a scorpion if they cross your lips!
Old 03-23-10, 04:55 PM   #29
BajaNuts1

Quote:
Originally Posted by longlegsinlapaz
It's because they BELONG in Trinidad!

And undoubtedly your tongue feels like it got stung by a scorpion if they cross your lips!
Well, Legs, that probably is true also, but it's because of the pointy tip, it's called the "stinger".

You know, you could have a few of these babies hanging around for those occasions when a guest needs a little "reality check". Or when there's some macho guy (of any nationality) that's just ticking you off, or for when someone says "I can eat anything hot". Take it to a Nomad potluck and watch the fun!

I know, I have a twisted sense of humor! Comes from selling salsa for too many years! Too many YaHoos who told me "I can eat anything", so I took it as a challenge! Let's just say I get the last laugh now~~~

BG- It took me a second, but I got it!

Old 03-24-10, 04:54 AM   #30
wessongroup

wessongroup is on a distinguished road

A very prolific plant you have there.. BN's.... I thought it was a habanero, but from the "tail" new it was not.. ..... now have my habanero on the back patio down here... wife brought it down a month ago.. like very small amounts of the habanero (chopped very, very fine) mixed in with mine... just seemed to add a really different flavor ... and have been adding in lime to keep the "heat" level down.. while keeping good flavor...

Very nice looking plant and/or plants... funny the return one gets from "plants" ... just a little water, fertilizer, and care... amazing ... as shown above...
Old 03-24-10, 12:06 PM   #31
BajaNuts1

Wessongroup,

In the interest of keeping it truthful and not taking credit for another's labors (this came up yesterday in another forum regarding artwork) those photo's are not of my plants, they are from another grower, courtesy of megamastger71.

My plants are only starts right now, but I hope to have MANY of those plants and more this fall. We have over 275 pepper plants started right now and they are all hotties, including some of those trini scorps, bhut jolokia, habanero, and douglah.

I will have some of my own in a few months, anyone wanna come by for a taste????

Old 03-24-10, 12:26 PM   #32
longlegsinlapaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaNuts1
....anyone wanna come by for a taste????
Gee Nutz, thanks for the really kind offer, but you will understand if I pass won'tcha?
Old 03-24-10, 01:39 PM   #33
BajaNuts1

heeheehee,
yea, Legs, I didn't figure you'd jump at the offer.

But keep in mind what I said...they are nice to have around when someone is getting "too big for their britches" and needs a little "spanking"!

Old 03-24-10, 04:05 PM   #34
wessongroup

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaNuts1
Wessongroup,

In the interest of keeping it truthful and not taking credit for another's labors (this came up yesterday in another forum regarding artwork) those photo's are not of my plants, they are from another grower, courtesy of megamastger71.

My plants are only starts right now, but I hope to have MANY of those plants and more this fall. We have over 275 pepper plants started right now and they are all hotties, including some of those trini scorps, bhut jolokia, habanero, and douglah.

I will have some of my own in a few months, anyone wanna come by for a taste????
Might not be able to do that, but, would enjoy watching them grow... they go fast and it's fun to be able to watch them develop ..... ever couple of weeks or so would be great.. if it not to much trouble..

You have a very large platting with that many peppers.... good luck... I'm sure they will come out just fine.. a side benefit of peppers..... the don't get too much in the way of pests, or you may have noticed...
Old 03-24-10, 05:12 PM   #35
BajaNuts1

Sure, I could put something in off-topics with pics!

I've been scheming...I MEAN....PLANNING.....for a hot chile eating contest at the local farmers market this fall. I think it would be fun and the market does a large harvest festival in late September.

'Course, it all depends on if the market master pisses me off again. He and I don't see eye-to-eye on things like...following market rules regarding assigned spaces, enforcing health permits for food vendors, making a vendor clean up their space when they trash the place with rotten cherries, leaves and stems..........

I know, I shouldn't expect anyone to actually FOLLOW the market policies that have been in place for 15 years should I? Silly me~~~

Old 04-02-10, 10:52 AM   #36
longlegsinlapaz

To get .....BURP!

After all my anticipation; and, while it may be true that ONE lousy fig might not be a viable taste test market study; I like the kind of figs I grew in OR & WA better! Unfortunately, I don't know the name, but I'd know it on sight! After some on-line research, it's either an Adriatic or white....skin is light yellowish green with a pink interior when ripe. Does my color description ring a bell with any fig affectionados out there?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	First & Total Fig Crop (2).jpg

Views:	33

Size:	659.7 KB

ID:	1658  
Old 04-02-10, 12:40 PM   #37
wessongroup

Department of Agriculture (Division of Pomology, Bulletin No. 9, 1901)

Lists over 400 with a means to key to your specific one...