Baja Spanglish Cerveza, Baño and Dinero - You Got it Covered

Old 03-13-10, 08:38 AM   #1
Marty Cortez

Marty Cortez is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up Él Que No Tranza, No Avanza

Pretty sure the whole movie is up(in pieces)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_QOzJR03L8

"el manotas le dicen"
(guy with big hands = heavy-handed)

"...Jeje; ¿y este que se parece a TinTán?...¡Vargas!

Se baña en el partido...
Old 03-13-10, 02:06 PM   #2
Marty Cortez

Default Re: Él Que No Tranza, No Avanza

Down to the 'inche CURA they're crooked in this movie...

Part 9 has Vargas asking the priest for advice: what to do about Dr. Morales going to the capitol to get him fired.

Cura pulls out a book of all the sins that people have confessed to him(saved for blackmail) and tells him it will cost him dearly, but he has something that will "sink" Morales.

@<4:00>

-I'm just about to lose my job and you your car(that Vargas' take is helping him to get); what are we gonna do?!?

-(going thru his book)...jota...ka...eme eme eme...Martinez...Morales Morales Morales...Doctor...; aquí está lo de su esposa pero es vox pópuli(gossip; just after Vargas gets done shagging her )...¡AQUÍ ESTÁ!...te va salir caro pero con esto sí lo hundes...
Old 03-14-10, 12:41 AM   #3
Marty Cortez

The last 3 parts
-LA LEY DE HERODES 14
-LA LEY DE HERODES 15
-LA LEY DE HERODES 16

are behind-the-scenes with cast and crew; very, very interesting insights.
Old 03-14-10, 06:40 AM   #4
wessongroup

wessongroup is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Cortez
The last 3 parts
-LA LEY DE HERODES 14
-LA LEY DE HERODES 15
-LA LEY DE HERODES 16

are behind-the-scenes with cast and crew; very, very interesting insights.
Really enjoy the "artist" presences in the Mexican movies, the directors have a completely different approach to: location, set, players, camera angle, editing and movement.. I'm so tired of those "chopped up" scenes ... just shoot the scene and let us look at something for more than a fraction of a second, in its totality ........

First noticed it in those beautifully done videos on each State which you guys put up... again, thank you..

But, I'm really upset that I can't speak Spanish, as I would really love to understand what they are saying.. I could "get" the point in the card game, just from facial expressions and body language .... which I thought was really a great little clip.. plus the music.. don't know what it is about the accordion... never used to like it .... but it just adds something to the music.. sort of like Cajun music... just adds a good thing to it.. a festive happy feel to the music.. an when used in a film ... it really worked for me in that clip.. really well done little thing with the card game..

Thanks for the information on Mexico's level of film making... I'm really impressed.. really excellent work to me...
Old 03-14-10, 08:46 AM   #5
Marty Cortez

I can barely keep up at this level, but I think online vids are an excellent way to improve one's Spanish.

When I (frequently)get stuck, I click my cursor ever-so-slightly to the left of where the vid is playing on the scrub bar, and get an instant replay.

The hardest part is parsing out the words from typical conversation; especially spoken at a rapid pace.
Old 03-14-10, 08:58 AM   #6
wessongroup

wessongroup is on a distinguished road

Beyond fast... but, trying.. and learning albeit slowly .. no good at language among other things ... will not stick in my head..