Originally Posted by GolferExpat
Whats a SENTRI card?
SENTRI Program

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 06-08-09, 03:16 AM   #2
gabelnmx

gabelnmx is on a distinguished road

Default Split from introduction thread

Sentri Pass is the best thing in Mexico. You do not have to wait in the long lines at border. Have had mine for several months and the longest I have waited is 29 minutes. Most of the time its 5 to 10 minute wait. Easy process to get. All can be done on computer than interview at office which is at otay border.
Old 06-08-09, 09:10 PM   #3
Teniente

Teniente is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Wife and I are looking to retire soon!

SENTRI is sort of a "fast pass" entry back into the US. You get a RFID decal for your car and each person gets a SENTRI card, also with a chip. Auto readers transmit your info to the agent in the booth.........if you cross frequently into the US, it is worth it in time saved instead of waiting in the long border lines.........I think the card is about $125 for 5 years and the car sticker is either $45 or $65.

I have had no problems with safety, but driving in Mexico is a combination of defensive and offensive driving skills

Plenty of places to pull off the toll road or free road to rest or get a bite to eat, although it is only about 85 miles from Ensenada to the border.
Old 06-09-09, 06:44 PM   #4
GolferExpat

GolferExpat is on a distinguished road

Glad to hear all of your routes.. really gives me some good ideas about when to travel and what is the best way to go.. since I am coming from LA most of the time I willl definitely take your suggestions into consideration.

Had no idea they had that fast track pass either.. will definitely look into getting one of those. So the 125 is for the 5 years, how long does the 35/45 sticker last.. assuming thats in dollars..
Old 06-09-09, 07:00 PM   #5
Teniente

Check this link out for info on the SENTRI program:

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/trust ... sentri.xml

Once I got into the SENTRI lane at Otay Mesa last Monday (6-8), it took me 8 minutes to get across into the USA.
Old 08-10-09, 06:58 AM   #6
pflynn1

pflynn1 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: What is a SENTRI Pass?

I alerady hav the SENTRI pass on my vehicle from crossing daily in Cd. Juarez. Here we need Mexican sticker as well to cross. Is there anything similar needed to cross in San Ysidro? I am going to Ensenada soon and am hoping to use it to quickly cross back.

Thanks for the help, I am having a difficult time finding any information on the web.
Patty
Old 08-10-09, 02:04 PM   #7
Teniente

Quote:
Originally Posted by pflynn1
I alerady hav the SENTRI pass on my vehicle from crossing daily in Cd. Juarez. Here we need Mexican sticker as well to cross. Is there anything similar needed to cross in San Ysidro? I am going to Ensenada soon and am hoping to use it to quickly cross back.

Thanks for the help, I am having a difficult time finding any information on the web.
Patty

Nope
Old 08-10-09, 04:53 PM   #8
pflynn1

pflynn1 is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up Re: What is a SENTRI Pass?

Wow it is really that easy? No toll no sticker no token no nothing? Great.
Next is, any help with directions on how to find my way to the San Ysidro SENTRI lane if I am coming from Ensenada?

Patty
Old 08-10-09, 06:02 PM   #9
Teniente

Quote:
Originally Posted by pflynn1
Wow it is really that easy? No toll no sticker no token no nothing? Great.
Next is, any help with directions on how to find my way to the San Ysidro SENTRI lane if I am coming from Ensenada?

Patty
Well, there is a toll if you use the toll road/coast road from San Ysidro to Ensenada. 3 booths, 29 pesos each booth, southbound, same northbound.

Have no clue on the SENTRI lanes at San Ysidro........I always use Otay Mesa crossing both northbound and southbound.......then I only pay one toll each way at the north Ensenada toll booth.
Old 11-15-11, 08:11 PM   #10
laurieeileen

laurieeileen is on a distinguished road

you really need someone to draw you a map for san ysidro...really wierd plus now they are doing roadwork on normal route to border..will be closed for about a month