Introduce Yourself to the Forum A good place to "dip your toe in the pool". Let the other forums know your connection/interest in Baja...

Old 05-18-10, 09:51 AM   #1
Msterieus

Msterieus is an unknown quantity at this point

Default "Hi" from new member.

Hello, Group. I recently joined this forum, after having decided to look seriously into taking early retirement ex-US. I'm from the S.F. Bay Area, CA, which I love; however, it is too expensive here for me to retire at my age (56). I have narrowed it my search down to to areas: Baja California (in a cooler area) or the mountains outside of (and not too far from) Panama City. I appreciate all the valuable information I have found here!

Nicole
Old 05-18-10, 09:57 AM   #2
Marty Cortez

Marty Cortez is on a distinguished road

Default Re: "Hi" from new member.

Hello, Nicole

and welcome to the forum!
Old 05-18-10, 10:12 AM   #3
noproblemo

noproblemo is on a distinguished road

Baja Norte is a perfect climate for you, would suggest a trip down to just explore and discover which particular areas you would like. Advantages, proximity to the border, weather, disadvantages, hmmm NONE....
Old 05-18-10, 12:56 PM   #4
gointomex

gointomex is on a distinguished road

Hi to you. We are from one of the 9 S.F. bay area counties and only 2 weeks from making Baja permanent. Prices are better than when we bought, but people and weather are just great. This is a great board for information. Welcome!

Marlene
Old 05-18-10, 01:07 PM   #5
Msterieus

Msterieus is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Gointo...

What county in the Bay Area do you live in? (I am in San Mateo.) Where in Baja are you moving?

Nicole