Baja Stories - Writers Corner Contributions from Our Forum Members

Old 05-27-10, 04:39 PM   #1
wessongroup

wessongroup is on a distinguished road

Default Check points, weapons and guys

Was on my way up to Rosarito yesterday and had to stop at the check point south of town on the old road, was going to have an application of QuiteCoat applied to the trunk of my car.

One of the Army guys.. asked me to pop the trunk…. wanted to look in the trunk, had a bunch of stuff for auto detailing.. and the materials and spray gun for application.. We started having a conversation about how to fix and paint cars, with custom pain, and body work.. big time guy talk, two of this buddies started talking and looking at some of the junk in the trunk also …

Getting back in the car he saw my cattle prod… which I keep in the doors storage compartment “for easy access” when I’m driving…

Started the conversation, which I have had 5 times at the checkpoints.. Is it a defensive weapon or offensive weapon?.

Was in my car, and asked them to try and grab my steering wheel.. So I could show them how really dangerous I was with this weapon..

The one solider, grabbed my steering wheel, and then I reached for my “cattle prod”.

My first reached knocked it out of the boot on the door, and down under the seat, then I had to reach down under the seat to get it out… when I pulled in from under the seat, I hit the steering wheel and again dropped it and this time it fell onto the passenger seat… I then got it off the passenger seat and turned the safety off…

Now I was really to USE IT… the three or four guys were laughing so hard at me… they… told me to stop I was making them cry and there stomachs ached…

After it was resolved that my “weapon” was of absolutely no threat to anyone other than myself.. They told be to pull foreword and “taster” the next solider …. I said, are you guys serious… they were laughing so hard they could barely speak... but, got out ....it was their “brother” and he liked being tasered …. They were all really cracking up at this time…

I pulled foreword to the guy they were telling me to taser… and I asked him why his "friends" wanted me to taser him?.. He started laughing too, and told me he had tasered two of the others in the group, a couple of times while messing around!!…

Would appear there is a new game, at least to this old guy… tasering you friends… just for sport…

Well, guess its better than “fragging”.. for fun…

Was glad to see the guys had a good sense of humor… honked and waved on the way back.. They waved too…

Meet two friend while getting my car worked on... "Bob" a pit bull and "Oliver" a Rottweiler... used by people around there for guard dogs.. we got along just great.. been taking them "treats"... never had eaten Bacon flavor treats... boy were they some nice dogs...

It's all good... another great day in Baja.. for me... at least...

and now I know where David gets this taser thing...