Baja News Wire Latest News from Baja California, Mexico

Old 07-05-10, 09:44 AM   #1
Noticias

Noticias is on a distinguished road

Post Tests on Gulf oil "superskimmer" inconclusive: TMT (Reuters)

Reuters - Tests on a supertanker adapted to skim large quantities of oily water from the surface of the Gulf of Mexico are inconclusive because of high seas, ship owner TMT Shipping Offshore said on Monday.

More...
Old 07-05-10, 04:26 PM   #2
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Tests on Gulf oil "superskimmer" inconclusive: TMT (Reuters)

They better figure something out soon. The victims of this mess are becoming way too much for me to be able to watch anymore...

Scientists found this sperm whale 77 miles south from the Deepwater spill site off the Gulf Coast.

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 07-05-10, 06:23 PM   #3
wessongroup

wessongroup is on a distinguished road

Not to worry.. everything will be taken care of through the "Halliburton Loophole".

Were so lucky to have these folks taking care of us... gee, what would be do...

Again glad I'm as old as I am... would hate to think I would have to see another 40 or 50 years of this... not sure they have enough xanax... and/or Cadillac margaritas..
Old 07-05-10, 09:12 PM   #4
dusty

dusty is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaGringo
They better figure something out soon. The victims of this mess are becoming way too much for me to be able to watch anymore...
Me too. I just don't get it when it comes to this tanker deal. The damn thing was built to do this sort of thing and was tested and who the hell would pay to move it if they didn't think it could help? THe only test I would run is to flop the damn testers in a tank filled with crude and then in a tank filled with half and half and ask them if they thing there is an improvement.....Geeez if it skims at half what it is supposed to it is a big help! What is wrong with people!

(Thanks for letting me vent)