Baja Photo Uploads / Trip Reports Pics from your road trips, fishing and camping adventures. Baja Dogs are welcome...

Old 05-07-09, 11:54 AM   #1
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Default No Need for Photobucket, Imageshack, Tinypic or Flickr

Here on TalkBaja.com we have plenty of server space and can host your photo uploads here directly from your posts. No need to try and figure out the correct url address and bb code to insert them in your posts. Just a few steps and your photos are uploaded. We can even handle larger images as well - the system will automatically resize the images if they are wider than the post box and make them clickable to view full size. What could be easier than that?
Old 07-06-09, 04:54 PM   #2
Marty Cortez

Marty Cortez is on a distinguished road

5 Easy steps.

Below the (Reply/Go Advanced; not Quick Reply)box where you enter your post, under "Additional Options/Attach Files", click Manage Attachments.

Old 07-06-09, 04:58 PM   #3
Marty Cortez

A box will open called "Manage Attachments." Click one of the "Browse" buttons; you can upload up to 5 pics at a time.

Old 07-06-09, 05:01 PM   #4
Marty Cortez

That will open a "File Upload" dialogue where you can select a file from somewhere on your computer's hard drive. Select your pic by clicking on it; that will place it's location into the "File Name" box.

Then click "Open." (double clicking on the file does the same thing quicker/easier)

Old 07-06-09, 05:04 PM   #5
Marty Cortez

You will now see your pic's location on your computer in one of the "Manage Attachments" box's location fields. You can repeat this process until you have loaded all 5 if you like.

Now click "Upload."

Old 07-06-09, 05:08 PM   #6
Marty Cortez

You will now see your pic in both a list of "Current Attachments" in the "Manage Attachments" box, and listed in the "Attach Files" section of "Additional Options."

Marty Cortez
This message has been deleted by Marty Cortez.
Old 07-07-09, 11:33 AM   #7
Marty Cortez

Click "Preview Post" to see how they'll look!

Don't forget to "Submit" if you like it.

Old 07-07-09, 11:34 AM   #8
Marty Cortez

You can also upload a pic that you found on the Internet direct from it's location by using "Upload From URL."

This saves it for you here without the additional step of downloading it to your computer.

To copy the actual URL of a pic that you are viewing on a webpage, (Firefox)right-click on the pic and select "Copy Image Location"; (Internet Explorer)right-click on the pic, select "Properties" and highlight/copy the Address(URL)...

Then paste that into one of the "Upload File from a URL" fields and click "Upload."
Old 07-07-09, 08:52 PM   #9
Marty Cortez

To Sum It Up --- You could save/print these out for easy reference.

1. Click "Manage Attachments" in the Additional Options/Attach Files section below the box where you enter your text. This section is not visible on a Quick Reply(click the big Reply first.)

2. Click one of the Browse buttons in the Manage Attachments box; you can upload up to 5 pics at a time.

3. Select your pic to upload from the "File Upload" box which shows locations in your computer; click Open(or just double-click your pic.)

4. You'll see your pic's location loaded in one of the Manage Attachments fields; click Upload.

5. You'll now see your pic listed in both the "Attach Files" section below the box where you post, and also the Manage Attachments box.

Click Preview Post to see how it looks, and if you like it click Submit.

Done!
Old 07-12-09, 11:59 AM   #10
longlegsinlapaz

longlegsinlapaz is on a distinguished road

Confused Pics w/individual captions or text??

Oh wise, all-knowing Hall Monitors....since the original pic posting format changed & there's no longer a "caption" box for each individual pic posted, is there a way to post pics & have text interspersed within the pics....if so, how so?....or is the default just text space above a string of pics?
Old 07-12-09, 08:25 PM   #11
longlegsinlapaz

Default Re: No Need for Photobucket, Imageshack, Tinypic or Flickr

:bump2: Do I need to ask an easier Q? Did I stump all you Moderators....or did I offend you by calling you Hall Monitors?
Old 07-12-09, 08:47 PM   #12
longlegsinlapaz

In the future, I'll try to remember to not ask a multiple choice question!
Old 07-12-09, 10:02 PM   #13
BajaGringo

Sorry I missed this thread up until now.

It is easy to add comments to photos in a thread.

1. Place your cursor before/after the photo you added as a link/attachment
2. Hit ENTER key to create a linespace
3. Type in photo description/comments

Were you looking for something more complicated???

Old 07-13-09, 06:37 AM   #14
longlegsinlapaz

No! No!! Easy is better! That sounds easy....I'd experimented & tried to type under....but no success! I didn't think to force a space in there! Thank you!!
Old 07-13-09, 10:15 AM   #15
BajaGringo

Actually I just looked at it again and that strategy works ONLY for linked photos. For photo attachments your comments need to be entered in the post text box and will appear before the photo attachment. My suggestion for multiple photos, each needing comments would be to upload one at a time and comment each one in separate posts. That actually is not a bad idea as that method will guarantee us faster page loads over time.
Old 11-25-12, 02:23 PM   #16
edinnopolo

edinnopolo is on a distinguished road

Well, this all may be true, but my 4 pics hadn't uploaded after 5 minutes. That's the reason I deleted my post. Next time I'll try to downsize them, if that was the reason
Old 11-25-12, 02:28 PM   #17
BajaGringo

Ed:

Depending on the file size and your upload speed, it may take a few minutes for the photos to upload to our server. If you close the attachment upload window before they have finished uploading it just cancels the upload...

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 11-25-12, 10:23 PM   #18
Woooosh

Woooosh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaGringo
Ed:

Depending on the file size and your upload speed, it may take a few minutes for the photos to upload to our server. If you close the attachment upload window before they have finished uploading it just cancels the upload...
It does take some time for larger files, but there should be no need to downsize them. It shouldn't take minutes though. Maybe test it with another browser too. My PC prefers IE9 over Chrome here.