General Discussion If it's Baja Related but Don't Know Where? Post it Here...

Old 07-07-09, 03:15 PM   #1
BajaBrit

BajaBrit is on a distinguished road

Default Airlines

Could some kind soul update me on which if any airlines fly from LAX to Lap Paz?

Last time we flew [Delta] ExpressJet but I believe they have ceased flying the route.

Thank you in advance.

As you were.
Old 07-07-09, 03:54 PM   #2
longlegsinlapaz

longlegsinlapaz is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Airlines

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaBrit
Could some kind soul update me on which if any airlines fly from LAX to Lap Paz?

Last time we flew [Delta] ExpressJet but I believe they have ceased flying the route.

Thank you in advance.

As you were.
Looks like most affordable cost flights would be Aeromexico

Travelocity:Clarify Your Search

You'd have much greater airline options & lower costs if you were to fly into SJD (San Jose del Cabo) than LAP (La Paz).....just a thought.
Old 07-07-09, 04:08 PM   #3
BajaBrit

BajaBrit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by longlegsinlapaz
You'd have much greater airline options & lower costs if you were to fly into SJD (San Jose del Cabo) than LAP (La Paz).....just a thought. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I don't really fancy a 2 hour drive after 16 hours of flying.

I think we'll end up flying from London direct to Mexico City and then onto La Paz.

Thanks anyway.

As you were.
Old 07-07-09, 04:45 PM   #4
kate

kate is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaBrit
I think we'll end up flying from London direct to Mexico City and then onto La Paz.
That's what I would do. Cost aside, the Mexico City airport is much easier to navigate than the one in LA. As for flying into SJD to get to La Paz, a friend of mine recently did that. Here were her comments:
"Don't think I want to ever do the Cabo trip again. Not worth the money I saved which, after all the ground transport, doesn't save a whole lot. Although I got a great ride up to La Paz from the airport, it cost $60. I took the Peninsula Ejecutivo back and it was hell. Air Conditioner was down around 55F and blowing mold. Down came a screen and we were subjected to some dick flic with nothing but gunfire, yelling and endless car chases for about two hours. They also take the ugly route."

Edit: to my knowledge, AlaskaAir has the only direct flights from LAX to La Paz, although I read somewhere that AeroMexico may start flying the route at some point.

Last edited by kate; 07-07-09 at 04:49 PM.
Old 07-07-09, 04:54 PM   #5
BajaNuts1

BajaNuts1 is on a distinguished road

Alaska Airlines makes regular non-stop flights from LAX to LAP on Monday, Wednesday and Saturdays, only those days.

Just did a quick travelocity search and for a RT, end of July trip, it's $419 LA to La Paz.

Texas Creek Products | Hot Sauce, Dips, Glazes & Spice Mix
Old 07-07-09, 04:59 PM   #6
dusty

dusty is on a distinguished road

I agree on Mexico City. Horizon (part of Alaska Airline) flies LA to La Paz, but not every day. The other issue is the flight leaves LA about 10 or 11am. Flights from the east coast, let alone across the pond, typically don't arrive in time for a same day connection.
Old 07-10-09, 11:17 AM   #7
Bajahowodd

Bajahowodd is an unknown quantity at this point

London-Mexico City-La Paz is the no-brainer of the choices. Thoroughly agree that the Mexico City airport is much easier to navigate than LAX.