Introduce Yourself to the Forum A good place to "dip your toe in the pool". Let the other forums know your connection/interest in Baja...

Old 04-07-09, 10:35 PM   #1
Gaucho

Gaucho is on a distinguished road

Default Baja

Looking forward to the new forum!

I registered as an investor but that's not really my m.o. Yes, I'm a Baja land owner but I didn't buy land as an investment. I'm looking forward to building a modest home for myself and my family. My draw to baja is the culture, the food and to surf, freedive and fish. Simple wants! ;)
Old 04-11-09, 07:30 AM   #2
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Baja

Welcome Gaucho - where in Baja?

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 04-11-09, 04:46 PM   #3
Gaucho

Hi BG,

We own a 1/3 acre parcel on the lower East Cape. The official name on most maps would be Las Destiladeras (like Baja Almanac). The name of the sub-division is Bahia Terranova. We bought it about 7 years ago. Lot #25.

http://www.hterranova.com.mx/bahia/project.htm

It's really a great place. Beautiful beach, good surf and good diving.
Old 04-12-09, 12:41 AM   #4
oladulce

oladulce is on a distinguished road

Quote:
We own a 1/3 acre parcel on the lower East Cape. The official name on most maps would be Las Destiladeras
On the dirt road from SJdC to get to 9 Palms and the East Cape beaches beyond, the road turns inland and heads away from the beach for a few miles. My husband and I were always intrigued with that area and we'd crane our necks trying to catch a glimpse thru the pitaya and down each arroyo , wondering what that stretch of coast was like. It was remote and deserted enough that we never chanced taking our camper down one of the sandy arroyos and the place remained a mystery. I remember a rusty old sign leaning on a Cardon that said "Las Destiladeras".

One time we were camping at 9Palms and decided we should take a walk back up the beach and see what that area was like. But it was the middle of the day in the summer and it had to be 150° out. We only made it about a mile, then turned around and crawled back to our sunshade.

Las Destiladeras holds sort of a mystical status in my memory as " the place we've often dreamed about, but could never get to"! Hope it's magical for you and your family Gaucho. It is a special place.
Old 04-12-09, 08:42 AM   #5
Gaucho

Oladulce,

I don't blame you for turning around. It would have been a long walk even as the crow flies. Especially on a hot day. I really hope I can get back down this spring! Thanks for the comments. Have a Happy Easter!
Old 05-13-11, 06:28 PM   #6
soulpatch

soulpatch is on a distinguished road

Looks like we are going to stay a night there on our trip to La Paz. We will be meeting our old neighbors from Bay Park there where my friend's dad lives. Small world. Looks seriously nice.
Old 05-14-11, 07:58 AM   #7
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Would love to see some more photos of that area. Be sure to take the camera and post them when you get back...

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 05-14-11, 10:24 AM   #8
soulpatch

soulpatch is on a distinguished road

Man, we are so ready for this adventure to start. Not that we've even started packing or anything but the emotional quotient is getting higher exponentially by the day it seems.....we were just looking at the Parque acautico in La Paz and my kids were quite excited about that. Frankly, Katie and I are too!

Ok, so I need to post pictures....good lord, you are asking me to be organized
If I fail I will blame on PTSD or some or, oh, I dunno, degenerative disc disease.....not laziness, of course.

You will just have to remind, or remand, me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaGringo
Would love to see some more photos of that area. Be sure to take the camera and post them when you get back...