Baja News Wire Latest News from Baja California, Mexico

Old 12-01-10, 10:53 PM   #1
Noticias

Noticias is on a distinguished road

Default ?El Flaco?, drug cartel leader for La Familia, captured

12/01/10 – The anti-drug division chief for the Federal Police (Policía Federal – PF), Ramón Eduardo Pequeño, reported that capture of Alfredo Landa Torres, alias El Flaco, the leader of drug cartel operations for La Familia Michoacana in Morelia. Official communications place Landa in charge of administering the finances, corrupting officers, and small scale drug … Read more

More...
Old 12-02-10, 07:52 AM   #2
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Default Re: ?El Flaco?, drug cartel leader for La Familia, captured

Is it just me or are we seeing an escalation in the arrest of some of these high level narco leaders? Is the military just getting better at their job? I have read on a couple of websites down here that there is a rumor running around that Mexico is allowing US operatives to work side by side with some of the local troops using some new "listening" technology that is driving the cartels crazy right now.

One website claimed that was a large part of the reason the head of La Familia called it quits weeks back...

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 12-02-10, 12:21 PM   #3
Bajahowodd

Bajahowodd is an unknown quantity at this point

It does appear that the batting average has been going up. Could be any number of reasons. One cynical thought would be that there has been some form of agreement between the government and a major cartel or two, wherein the cartels are ratting out their rivals in exchange for the government looking the other way as far as the cooperating cartel(s) are concerned.
Old 12-02-10, 04:58 PM   #4
wessongroup

wessongroup is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajahowodd
It does appear that the batting average has been going up. Could be any number of reasons. One cynical thought would be that there has been some form of agreement between the government and a major cartel or two, wherein the cartels are ratting out their rivals in exchange for the government looking the other way as far as the cooperating cartel(s) are concerned.
Should work well in the near future.... as from what I read the "aerial application" of Roundup has been a failure ... not even getting into what environmental effects from it's use in such large scale applications my due ..... oh silly me, we should just ask.. Monsanto.. I'm sure they or someone has been doing a lot of large scale testing.. prior to it's use in South America....