General Discussion If it's Baja Related but Don't Know Where? Post it Here...

Old 05-04-11, 10:43 AM   #1
longlegsinlapaz

longlegsinlapaz is on a distinguished road

Default It is an honor and a privilege to be acquainted with you gentlemen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Cortez
I think you can tell a lot about people by how they treat others.

It is an honor and a privilege to be acquainted with you gentlemen.
And those of us who had the good fortune to be born female of the species are dog puke?
Old 05-04-11, 10:54 AM   #2
dusty

dusty is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Our Construction Thread...

It's a guy thing, legz, that can occur during the 10-15 seconds out of every minute that they don't think about women...or fishing.
Old 05-04-11, 11:18 AM   #3
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

15 seconds? My, you are an optimist...

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 05-04-11, 11:21 AM   #4
Marty Cortez

Marty Cortez is on a distinguished road

oUcH!; the truth hurts! My apologies, Ladies and Gentlemen.

We can't help ourselves; the difference between the sexes:

Women biological(clock) program: find provider, feather nest, conceive, nurture.

Men: find attractive(comely; short skirt) partner...Fertilize.

Old 05-04-11, 11:33 AM   #5
dusty

dusty is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaGringo
15 seconds? My, you are an optimist...

This is an older crowd.
Old 05-04-11, 01:24 PM   #6
longlegsinlapaz

Quote:
oUcH!; the truth hurts! My apologies, Ladies and Gentlemen.

We can't help ourselves; the difference between the sexes:

Women biological(clock) program: find provider, feather nest, conceive, nurture.

Men: find attractive(comely; short skirt) partner...Fertilize.

And you're apologizing to the gentlemen.....because? You already complimented them! It was the female of the species that were slighted!

No argument from here that the male of the species can't help themselves! (Hey what'syername, where's my grey shirt? Why don't I have any clean shorts/socks/whatever piece of apparel that didn't walk to the washer under it's own power AND find it's way back to his drawer, neatly folding itself en-route. Why isn't dinner on the table yet....I'm hungry!)

Women biological(clock) program: find provider provide for ourselves, it's much less stressful, feather nest from our own hard labors, conceive adopt dogs & cats (their sooooo much easier to care for, they rarely argue, are loyal as hell, never critisize morning hair or tell us out butt better in the other pair of shorts), nurture typically some other woman's offspring, commonly referred to as "son" by mother-in-law), build own nest, bring home & cook own bacon.

Men: find attractive(comely; short skirt) partner(s)...Fertilize. **who stock refrigerator in male-determined correct ratio of cerveza versus milk, food & other perishable consumables. Has PHD in home bio-hazards, engineering, laundry & Cordon Bleu training. Must be mind reader & never have own thoughts unless it brings great financial or sexual gain to said male partner. Oh!! And all those eggs the male fertilized become sole property of the female of the species at birth & female shall ensure total quiet, preferably combined with invisible mode of all resulting issue of said fertilization at all times.

BigWooo, you are hereby officially excluded from the above generalizations since we've met & you are truly a rare credit to the male species & I extend sincere apologies for having trashed your thread....but Marty started it!
Old 05-04-11, 04:44 PM   #7
Marty Cortez

Cat herder, eh ?

Don't worry, Woo. When we're all tuckered out from making a big mess out of your construction thread, we'll peel all this caterwauling out into it's own thread...

like in the video: "...the reporter says in the happiest of tones: "All male cats have been castrated!"
Old 05-05-11, 06:30 AM   #8
Marty Cortez

Default It is an honor and a privilege to be acquainted with you gentlemen

Old 05-05-11, 06:37 AM   #9
kate

kate is on a distinguished road

Default Re: It is an honor and a privilege to be acquainted with you gentlemen

No comment.
Old 05-05-11, 07:44 AM   #10
bob r

bob r is on a distinguished road

Men: find attractive(comely; short skirt) partner(s)...Fertilize. **who stock refrigerator in male-determined correct ratio of cerveza versus milk, food & other perishable consumables. Has PHD in home bio-hazards, engineering, laundry & Cordon Bleu training. Must be mind reader & never have own thoughts unless it brings great financial or sexual gain to said male partner. Oh!! And all those eggs the male fertilized become sole property of the female of the species at birth & female shall ensure total quiet, preferably combined with invisible mode of all resulting issue of said fertilization at all times.

Where is this fictional female of Myth and Legend?
Old 05-05-11, 09:13 AM   #11
longlegsinlapaz

You musta missed it....it was right above the male section.
Old 05-05-11, 09:32 AM   #12
bob r

Quote:
Originally Posted by longlegsinlapaz
You musta missed it....it was right above the male section.
Oh you mean the hit reality show, Housewives of Orange County, or was it Atlanta, or Wahington DC, all such able predators!
Old 05-05-11, 09:57 AM   #13
soulpatch

soulpatch is on a distinguished road

First off, I really can't stand milk. Not even as a kid could I wrap my head around that stuff.
Secondly, I have rarely been accused of being a gentleman...... Many things but rarely that one.
I don't believe I will age gracefully, in fact, I have no intention of it.
Old 05-05-11, 11:01 AM   #14
longlegsinlapaz

bob r, just as all men don't fit into the sarcastic generalization mold I made, neither are all women predators, gold-diggers, looking for a sugar daddy or a free ride. Both species come in all flavors & attributes & mindsets. Agreed? Or let's at least agree to disagree.
Old 05-05-11, 11:07 AM   #15
longlegsinlapaz

I'm leaning towards your fitting in really well here with the rest of the non-conformists! My impression thus far is that you're a down-to-earth, call-a-spade-a-spade kinda guy. Don't sweat the small stuff!
Old 05-05-11, 02:38 PM   #16
el payaso

el payaso is on a distinguished road

LLILP, the appropriate response to your orig post would be "oops, sorry, meant gentlepersons", IMHO

doubt any slight was intended, but thanks for pointing out how frequent these little nose rubbings are and how we let them slip into our statements without thinking. takes a while to change centuries/millennia of linguistic slights but keep at it....that's how (most) people's attitudes evolve to be a bit more enlightened.

gentleMEN---any of you are welcome to express your "women as baby machines and helpmaids" sentiments to my 6' wife. i'm not responsible for what happens to you after that point........ she reads lots of Margaret Attwood and is scary good with a pistol..........

there was a young man from the city
who met what he thought was a kitty
he gave it a pat and said "nice little cat"
and they buried his clothes out of pity
Old 05-05-11, 03:08 PM   #17
bob r

Quote:
Originally Posted by longlegsinlapaz
bob r, just as all men don't fit into the sarcastic generalization mold I made, neither are all women predators, gold-diggers, looking for a sugar daddy or a free ride. Both species come in all flavors & attributes & mindsets. Agreed? Or let's at least agree to disagree.
I raised my two daughters by myself, so had to teach both sides Now I can hide in Baja and ignore everything with no agenda and not too many cares. So I do see the fun in twisting just a little.
Old 05-05-11, 03:33 PM   #18
Bajahowodd

Bajahowodd is an unknown quantity at this point

Just seems to me that Marty was merely channeling the founding fathers, who were steadfast in their belief that only white men counted.

Maybe not. But from my perspective, our society has a history as long as its existence that involves sexual politics. Just how long did it take for women to get sufferage after this country was formed????

Old habits die hard, as can be witnessed in just about evey beer commercial shown on TV.

Men are pigs. Or at least far more than should be. JMHO.
Old 05-05-11, 06:18 PM   #19
Marty Cortez

Actually I was speaking directly to the two guys who treated their workers well; there weren't any women mentioned prior to the fun starting.

I know that legs knows that I know she knows it, so I won't belabor the point...

much.
Old 05-05-11, 06:44 PM   #20
bob r

Quote:
Actually I was speaking directly to the two guys who treated their workers well; there weren't any women mentioned prior to the fun starting.

I know that legs knows that I know she knows it, so I won't belabor the point...

much.
Baja Gringo said you were to tied up with Libyan affairs to address Domestic Problems. I am glad to see you are multi-tasking. The Board needs guidance in these basic issues of Human Servitude and realizing one place in the pecking order. I mean if women were gone who would bring the beer from the refer?