Baja News Wire Latest News from Baja California, Mexico

Old 06-16-11, 03:28 PM   #1
Doc Rey

Doc Rey is on a distinguished road

Default Smells of Gun Control Lobby

I take Noticias latest report with a very large grain of salt. Even though they purport to be non-partisian, etc. the Wilson Center is well known for it's liberal leanings. Just look & see who makes up their Boards and political & citizen members.
I have no doubt a certain amount of guns illegally cross into Mexico, but just because a gun is made in the U.S. doesn't mean it crossed OUR border South. When Colombian drug cartels were distributing cocaine, it didn't only come thru Mexico. Many times it traveled throughout the hemisphere before finding our shores. Aside from the recent U.S. Gov't calamity regarding the so called "Fast & Furious" gun running program, I think the Wilson Center along with our illustious anti-gun senators are in cahoots perpetuating their allied agenda...more anti-gun laws. We have enough laws ( many not being enforced ) to deal with.
No, I'm not a raging militiaman, anti-gov't cook or anything of the sort. Yes I do own guns for my family's protection. And the're fun to shoot too.
O.k. I'll get off my soap-box now.
Old 06-16-11, 07:31 PM   #2
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Smells of Gun Control Lobby

Drugs go north, guns and cash flow south. No stopping that two way train as long as drugs are illegal. If they culdn't get the guns north of the border they would import them from Brazil, Russia, China...

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 06-17-11, 10:38 AM   #3
domack

domack is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Smells of Gun Control Lobby

Key words here are illegally purchased, that means they would not have been sold had the JOD did not allow/encouraged it.

Exposed: The secret guns sting that backfired on the US

America's firearms watchdog allowed weapons to flow in, failed to catch ringleaders, then tried a cover-up

Thursday, 16 June 2011

By Guy Adams

The lethal fallout from a botched operation by the US Department of Justice which allowed almost 2,000 illegally purchased firearms to be transported from the streets of Arizona to drug gangs in Mexico has been laid bare in a scathing Congressional report, which concludes that it resulted in countless deaths.

A mixture of arrogance, over-confidence, and staggering ineptitude by the Department's Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives [ATF] was outlined in a 51-page investigation by two Republican members of a House panel charged with getting to the bottom of what went wrong during a two-year operation called "Fast and Furious".

It tells how, between 2009 and this year, the ATF instructed agents to turn a blind eye to hundreds of AK-47 assault rifles, sniper rifles, and revolvers purchased from gunshops in Phoenix and en route to Mexico. They hoped to eventually recover them from crime scenes and build a complex conspiracy case that might take down the leaders of a major drug cartel.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...s-2297924.html