Baja Roads, Weather & Services Road Conditions, New Construction, Weather Reports and More

Old 12-22-11, 05:58 PM   #1
mexicoruss

mexicoruss is on a distinguished road

Default Road from San Felipe

I live in Penasco Sonora, but I will be coming your way in March April 2012. I want to spend a night in San Felipe and continue onto Highway 1 via Puertocitos to get to Guerrero Negro. Does anyone have current road conditions south of Puertocitos?
Old 12-23-11, 05:55 PM   #2
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Road from San Felipe

Last I heard from a friend who traveled it a few months back was that the pavement ends 20-30 miles south of Puertocitos. The dirt road is doable but does have some bad spots that need to be handled slowly.

What are you driving? Pulling anything behind???

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 12-26-11, 08:05 AM   #3
mexicoruss

mexicoruss is on a distinguished road

Thanks,

I have a late model Chevy 1 ton 15 passenger van. I use it regularly in my tour business that takes me on back roads in Sonora for rock art and crater explorations. It has decent clearance and a killer engine. This trip though I will have 8-9 older folks with me and I am not sure if a rough road is a great idea that is why I was asking.
Old 12-30-11, 06:22 PM   #4
David K

David K is on a distinguished road

A lot shorter distance, but still 50 dirt miles.