General Discussion If it's Baja Related but Don't Know Where? Post it Here...

Old 02-10-12, 03:40 PM   #1
WendyandRoss

WendyandRoss is on a distinguished road

Default Picture Framer

Is there someone in Rosarito that you could recommend for doing a nice job cutting matts and framing pics? If not, where would I go to find someone?
Thanks.
Old 02-15-12, 07:25 AM   #2
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Picture Framer

There is a shop in Tijuana / Zona Rio but none I cannot remember any in Rosarito...

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 02-15-12, 08:33 AM   #3
Teniente

Teniente is on a distinguished road

I believe there is an art shop (paintings and such) across from the Rosarito Beach Hotel. There is also a small art shop just north of the free road and Corridor 2000 on the east side of the free road.

Several in Ensenada also. I have used one and am satisfied with the results.

In the states, I have used Michael's Craft Stores. One is located at the 805 n/b and "H" street. Take the "H" street exit east from the 805 n/b, and it will be in the shopping mall to your immediate right.
Old 02-15-12, 09:16 AM   #4
DENNIS

DENNIS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teniente
In the states, I have used Michael's Craft Stores. One is located at the 805 n/b and "H" street. Take the "H" street exit east from the 805 n/b, and it will be in the shopping mall to your immediate right.
One on Broadway and Palomar in Chula Vista as well
Old 02-15-12, 01:38 PM   #5
WendyandRoss

Quote:
I believe there is an art shop (paintings and such) across from the Rosarito Beach Hotel. There is also a small art shop just north of the free road and Corridor 2000 on the east side of the free road.
We've only been here a couple of months so not sure what the Corridor 2000 is...
We'd like to go to both shops and check them out. Thanks
Old 02-15-12, 02:52 PM   #6
Teniente

Head south on the "free" road from the Rosarito Beach Hotel. You will pass the PEMEX station/toll plaza on your left.....continue south through the maze of tourist oriented shops.

Across from the "old" Fox Baja Studios should be the artist shop on your left........this area is known as Popotla.

Corridor 2000 is just past the Fox Baja Studios, it's a "T" intersection to your left......just before the military checkpoint. Corridor 2000 takes you to Tecate and/or Otay.....
Old 02-15-12, 05:02 PM   #7
WendyandRoss

thanks, Teniente
Old 02-16-12, 08:15 AM   #8
Teniente

I "think" the art ship is about the 4th or 5th shop on your left before you get to Corridor (Blvd) 2000......anyway, it's fun to visit the shops along that stretch of road!!!.

If you don't find a framer, let me know and I'll give you directions to the one in Ensenada that I use.
Old 02-17-12, 08:25 PM   #9
BohemiaBeerBash

BohemiaBeerBash is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Head south on the "free" road from the Rosarito Beach Hotel. You will pass the PEMEX station/toll plaza on your left.....continue south through the maze of tourist oriented shops.

Across from the "old" Fox Baja Studios should be the artist shop on your left........this area is known as Popotla.

Corridor 2000 is just past the Fox Baja Studios, it's a "T" intersection to your left......just before the military checkpoint. Corridor 2000 takes you to Tecate and/or Otay.....
Yep, I passed the shop the other day. It's clearly marked with big signs. To help with finding it I think it's on the NEW concrete road on the free road Mexico 1 north of the military checkpoint.
Old 02-18-12, 08:11 AM   #10
Teniente

OK, here is the "real" info...........

Was up in Popotla and Rosarito yesterday. There are about 3 or 4 art shops in Popotla, just north of the Corridor 2000 intersection, across from the (Fox) Baja Studios.

Could not find the art shop across from the Rosarito Beach hotel, however did find an photo/art studio advertising framing on Rosarito's main street, just north of the Hotel del Sol, same side of the street.
Old 02-18-12, 02:03 PM   #11
WendyandRoss

Thank you all for your help. I found the shop across from the Rosarito Hotel - its actually 2 blocks east of the Banorte bank on a little plaza. His prices are great but can't vouch for his work yet. We left 2 8x10's for matting, we supplied the frames so for a mere pittance, $12.50, we will have 2 new framed pics to look at. When I opened this thread I was looking for a recommendation, so instead I will get back to you and let you know how good the matt cutting is. I forgot to add that one pic is double matted for that great price.
Wendy

Last edited by WendyandRoss; 02-20-12 at 02:22 PM. Reason: omission
Old 05-20-12, 08:15 AM   #12
bajadreamin12

bajadreamin12 is on a distinguished road

Smile Re: Picture Framer

Hola Wendy, I hope you remember talking to me last year, I am finally ready to move. I was down in march rented a place fully furnished and will only be bringing what i can in my car, will be moving mid june. I think I have everything covered, but if theres any advice you could share that you think would be helpful it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.
Glad to be back,
bajadreamin12