Baja News Wire Latest News from Baja California, Mexico

Old 06-18-12, 04:50 AM   #1
Noticias

Noticias is on a distinguished road

Post Golfer in Chief? Obama hits 100th time on the links

President Barack Obama's love of golf hit a milestone today as he marked his 100th time on the links. His Father's Day achievement was reached at the Beverly Country Club in his hometown, the windy city.

More...
Old 06-21-12, 09:15 AM   #2
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Golfer in Chief? Obama hits 100th time on the links

Actually I wish the past few several presidents would have spent every day on the golf course instead of the west wing. We'd probably be better off right now...

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 06-21-12, 09:34 AM   #3
Teniente

Teniente is on a distinguished road

I learned a long time ago that a true leader leads from the front, and gets his hands dirty along with the troops, sharing their hardships, not hanging out someplace behind the lines with all the comforts of home, to include the golf course.

I think the guy we have now has an entitlement based mentality and history, and is out of touch with the common folk. He plays golf while the ship is headed for or already grounded on the rocks.......and it's always somebody elses fault.

PS.....that's about 1 day on the links every 12 days since he took office (I think)
Old 06-22-12, 08:06 AM   #4
wessongroup

wessongroup is on a distinguished road

Used to LOVE President Ford... when he "played" ... always a hoot... FORE !!!

after thought...

Maybe the Pres. can get in a few hole on this course... next time he is in town

Afghanistan's only golf course: Bring your clubs and AK-47

Afghanistan's only golf course: Bring your clubs and AK-47 - CSMonitor.com

Last edited by wessongroup; 06-22-12 at 10:26 AM.
Old 06-23-12, 09:28 AM   #5
Ralph

Ralph is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teniente
I learned a long time ago that a true leader leads from the front, and gets his hands dirty along with the troops, sharing their hardships, not hanging out someplace behind the lines with all the comforts of home, to include the golf course.

I think the guy we have now has an entitlement based mentality and history, and is out of touch with the common folk. He plays golf while the ship is headed for or already grounded on the rocks.......and it's always somebody elses fault.

PS.....that's about 1 day on the links every 12 days since he took office (I think)
Terry,
Kinda reminds me when I was a young man and lived in Rome. Nero was in charge..living high and mighty. One day...the city was engulfed in flames. Nero didn't care and I lost all my short hairs in the fire!!

Last edited by Ralph; 06-23-12 at 09:33 AM.
Old 06-23-12, 10:05 AM   #6
J.P.

J.P. is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teniente

Must have gone to a different school I learned a real leader surrounded himself with capable people and directed behind the scene.
Old 06-23-12, 10:42 AM   #7
Marty Cortez

Marty Cortez is on a distinguished road

Good leader: praises in public, criticizes/disciplines in private.

Gives credit; takes blame.

Now reverse all of those, and see if you don't recognize some bosses/politicians.