Baja Hotels / Rentals / Bed & Breakfasts Forum Members Suggestions and Experiences on Places to Stay in Baja

Old 06-21-12, 07:30 AM   #1
Zoesterone

Zoesterone is on a distinguished road

Default Misión 19, next Ladies, Let's Lunch Jul 25

Our next Ladies, Let's Lunch will be in Tijuana at the iconic Misión 19, owned by the new rising star and world respected, Javier Plascencia, who has planned a special menu for our group. We will post the event later today on Facebook (our group name is Ladies, Let's Lunch!) or can be reached at ladiesletslunch@gmail.com
We have a bus leaving from Rosarito or you can drive yourself, with the lunch and bus price being $600 pesos. A little over forty dollars for a world class and artfully prepared meal. Robert Redford ate there last week, and the NY Times has written him up as well as myriad magazines, appearing on the travel channel, etc. Join us. We have two slots left for this trip on July 25. The bus will leave from the Walmart parking lot at 11:45.

Last edited by Zoesterone; 06-25-12 at 06:10 AM.
Old 06-21-12, 08:23 AM   #2
Teniente

Teniente is on a distinguished road

Default In lieu of DENNIS

OK, have been pondering this post over my morning coffee, and playing devil's advocate, just thought I would throw my 2 centavos in since Dennis is temporarily unavilable......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoesterone
Our next Ladies, Let's Lunch will be in Tijuana at the iconic Misión 19, owned by the new and world respected, Javier Plascencia, who has planned a special menu for our group. We will post the event later today on Facebook (our group name is Ladies, Let's Lunch!) or can be reached at ladiesletslunch@gmail.com
We have a bus leaving from Rosarito or you can drive yourself, with the lunch and bus price being $300 pesos. A little over forty dollars for a world class and artfully prepared meal. Robert Redford ate there last week, and the NY Times has written him up. Join us. The F
"........Let's Lunch will be in Tijuana at the iconic Misión 19, owned by the new and world respected, Javier Plascencia,........"

I'm confused.......is Javier Plascencis new????...how new????......why is he new???. And world respected??????.....says who?????

"........with the lunch and bus price being $300 pesos. A little over forty dollars........"

Let's see......300 pesos at todays posted exchange rate of about 13.7 pesos to 1 US dollar, that would be about $22USD, not forty (40) dollars......where does the extra $18 go????

"........Robert Redford ate there last week,....."

Hardly a sterling recommendation.

Zoe......thank you for allowing me to have some fun this morning, and DENNIS....Please come back soon!!!!!
Old 06-21-12, 08:43 AM   #3
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Misión 19, next Ladies, Let's Lunch Jul 25

Thanks for that Terry - I think even Dennis would approve...

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 06-25-12, 06:09 AM   #4
Zoesterone

Zoesterone is on a distinguished road

Default Re: In lieu of DENNIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teniente
OK, have been pondering this post over my morning coffee, and playing devil's advocate, just thought I would throw my 2 centavos in since Dennis is temporarily unavilable......

And I can see why. The price is $600 pesos, not $300. Where was my head when I posted. (whew...I am glad you used me for humor today!) Javier is relatively new to the culinary scene, but yes, cultivating a world respect for his restaurants and food. Note NY Times, Sunset, myriad magazine articles, trips abroad to demonstrate his abilities.

I should always have a second cup of coffee before I post, but it DID allow you to have a bit of fun, anyway. Before we even posted this event on Facebook, we are almost completely filled for the trip next month. Only two slots open and everyone is excited about the trip. And maybe Redford's taste is all in his mouth, but people are funny like that...they like to be able to say THEY had lunch where a possible "idol" ate. We are all celebrity hunters to a certain extent. '-) I suggest you google Misión 19, and try to wade through the various magazine articles, paeons, t.v. shows, trips having to do with this rising star.

"........Let's Lunch will be in Tijuana at the iconic Misión 19, owned by the new and world respected, Javier Plascencia,........"

I'm confused.......is Javier Plascencis new????...how new????......why is he new???. And world respected??????.....says who?????

"........with the lunch and bus price being $300 pesos. A little over forty dollars........"

Let's see......300 pesos at todays posted exchange rate of about 13.7 pesos to 1 US dollar, that would be about $22USD, not forty (40) dollars......where does the extra $18 go????

"........Robert Redford ate there last week,....."

Hardly a sterling recommendation.

Zoe......thank you for allowing me to have some fun this morning, and DENNIS....Please come back soon!!!!!