Introduce Yourself to the Forum A good place to "dip your toe in the pool". Let the other forums know your connection/interest in Baja...

Old 08-10-12, 10:26 AM   #1
Floridaze

Floridaze is on a distinguished road

Default Hi from florida

Just a note of introduction from a new member as of today... My wife and I currently live on the West Coast (of Florida). We have been discussing for years how we can retire in a couple years and one of the leading ideas is moving to Mexico. Have researched online many areas and pretty much decided that the Baja North area would be most feasible. We are going to take our first exploritory trip during the holiday season this year. A thanks to all who have posted in the past about things that would be involved in relocation. We look forward to learning many more crucial ideas in the future.
Old 08-13-12, 07:47 AM   #2
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Hi from florida

Are you guys thinking about the Pacific side or on the Sea of Cortez? I just did a check of the current weather and forecast for the two northern sides of the peninsula. The first image is for Ensenada (Pacific side) and the second image is for San Felipe (Sea of Cortez) today. That might help based on your personal climate preferences.

And welcome to the forum Floridaze...
Attached Images

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 08-13-12, 08:35 AM   #3
J.P.

J.P. is on a distinguished road

Thats the best reason I can think of for living in ENSENADA. Another + if you want some FUN IN THE SUN its only a 3hr. drive to SAN FELIPE
Old 08-13-12, 10:42 AM   #4
Teniente

Teniente is on a distinguished road

Floridaze..........welcome to the board!!!!
Old 08-13-12, 11:47 AM   #5
Floridaze

Floridaze is on a distinguished road

Hi All,

Thanks for your replys. Climate is one consideration of the area we would like to move to. After many years on the Florida coast, we have had enough of the hot steamy summers. Ensenada seems to be abit cooler while San Felipe looks to be about what we have in the summer. I will look forward to getting some info about the area from you all when our trip nears. I am pondering a couple side trips while we are there, maybe San Felipe and/or San Quintin.
Old 08-13-12, 12:44 PM   #6
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

When you check the weather for San Quintin you only see what is measured in town:

San Quintin Weather

In reality, there are three basic climates here, all within a half hours drive or so:

1. The town of San Quintin, which is actually about 15 km east of the coastline and northeast of the volcano field. In town it tends to run a little warmer than the reported Ensenada temps in the summertime.

2. The San Quintin Bay, south and east of most of the volcanoes and southwest of town. It tends to run similar to slightly cooler than the reported Ensenada temps.

3. The San Quintin coastline, which is located on the west side of the volcano field (except for San Martin Island). There are small communities located northwest and south of the bay along the beach. The weather right on the coastline runs about 10-15 degrees cooler than the Ensenada forecast in summertime. There is a marked difference in the weather once you cross the volcanoes.

My guess is that those living in the Punta Banda area also see cooler temperatures than those reported online from Ensenada. They probably measure that temperature miles away from the beach.

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 08-13-12, 02:42 PM   #7
Teniente

Teniente is on a distinguished road

Floridaze

Check your Private Messages box
Old 08-14-12, 07:00 PM   #8
CDN_JOHNNY

CDN_JOHNNY is on a distinguished road

I think us people in BCS are sort of feeling left out of options for places to move.

Just saying :)

As Teniente said "Floridaze..........welcome to the board"