Visas for travel and living in Baja California, Mexico FMM / FM3 / FM2 / Mexican Citizenship?

Old 11-09-12, 10:59 AM   #1
soulpatch

soulpatch is on a distinguished road

Confused New INM regs

I think a lot of folks over on the mainland are flipping out right now about the new proof of income requirements if they are implemented without discretion.

It is going to be very interesting..... it seems as if Mexico doesn't want people to immigrate that don't have a means of support that won't make them a drain on local resources or have that potential..... I mean they are talking some serious dinero for a lot of folks that rely on SS or other countries equivalent...... without some investments or other such funds that are documentable.

This is going to be very interesting.....
I know my family will be fine, ultimately, and I have a contact that is going to a seminar at INM in Nuevo Vallarta today.
She said she will know a LOT more come Monday and certainly much more before we arrive.

Might be a lot of new illegals down there in the next year or two or a lot of echoing in certain areas...... I hope that is not the case but, who the heck knows, it may be to all of our advantages.
Old 11-09-12, 11:05 AM   #2
DENNIS

DENNIS is on a distinguished road

Default Re: New INM regs

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulpatch
I mean they are talking some serious dinero for a lot of folks that rely on SS or other countries equivalent...... without some investments or other such funds that are documentable.

So I don't have to spend the rest of the day in research, how much are they talking about?
Old 11-09-12, 11:24 AM   #3
soulpatch

400x the daily minimum wage in DEF(62.33) provable for six months for temporary resident and permanent 500x.
Also, investments to the tune the tune of $200kUS.
Rolly Brook

Guess we'll see!
Old 11-09-12, 11:35 AM   #4
wessongroup

wessongroup is on a distinguished road

An interesting concept, on immigration
Old 11-09-12, 12:03 PM   #5
kate

kate is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulpatch
Also, investments to the tune the tune of $200kUS.
The balance requirement for investment accounts is more like $120K USD for permanent residence. 25,000 x 62.33 current minimum wage = 1,558, 250 MXN or $119,865.38 if you use 13 as the exchange. It's not clear (at least not to me) whether these new requirements are per household, per person, or what.

Here's a link for anyone who's dying to wade through a gazillion screens of Spanish legalese.
Old 11-09-12, 12:49 PM   #6
soulpatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate
The balance requirement for investment accounts is more like $120K USD for permanent residence. 25,000 x 62.33 current minimum wage = 1,558, 250 MXN or $119,865.38 if you use 13 as the exchange. It's not clear (at least not to me) whether these new requirements are per household, per person, or what.

Here's a link for anyone who's dying to wade through a gazillion screens of Spanish legalese.
I think the lack of clarity is the only thing everybody can agree on at this point in time!
Can't wait to hear what my "facilitator" comes back with....
Old 11-09-12, 01:56 PM   #7
Woooosh

Woooosh is on a distinguished road

OK- now I found the info. Is this even NAFTA compliant? Imagine if the USA used an income test for immigration? We'd be 11million less populated. I think they should just start making sure people have a visa before they worry about the income needed for one. I have never been asked to show mine.
Old 11-09-12, 02:31 PM   #8
DENNIS

soulpatch
===================

The devil made me do it. Sorry , frank.
Old 11-09-12, 02:53 PM   #9
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 11-09-12, 05:01 PM   #10
Woooosh

"Newly issued Mexican immigration regulations are bad news for Americans" by Fulano_de_Tal | San Diego Reader

"Fulano de Tal" did one of his San Diego Reader blogs on this topic today.
Old 11-09-12, 07:42 PM   #11
CDN_JOHNNY

CDN_JOHNNY is on a distinguished road

This is going to affect more than Americans.

I think there are alot of Canadians and possibly europeans who are in the same boat>
Old 11-09-12, 08:16 PM   #12
kate

Absolutely, not to mention Central and South Americans, Asians, and others who wish to immigrate to Mexico. The San Diego piece focuses on Americans because of the audience, but the new regulations apply to all non-Mexicans.
Old 11-09-12, 08:48 PM   #13
soulpatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENNIS
soulpatch
===================

The devil made me do it. Sorry , frank.
Thank you Dennis. You must have talked with my mom.

I am almost sorry to post this as it will ruin such a beautiful number.... I am going to delete one from somewhere!
Old 11-09-12, 09:29 PM   #14
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Maybe this will help keep out some of the riff-raff although I seriously doubt it. They don't seem to make any serious attempt at enforcing the existing immigrations laws for gringos...

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 11-09-12, 10:06 PM   #15
Woooosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaGringo
Maybe this will help keep out some of the riff-raff although I seriously doubt it. They don't seem to make any serious attempt at enforcing the existing immigrations laws for gringos...
I've never been asked for mine. It sure would solve a lot of problems with the white trash invasion of Rosarito Beach.
Old 11-12-12, 07:59 PM   #16
ncampion

ncampion is on a distinguished road

Every country has the right and obligation to set whatever immigration policy it thinks is in the best interest of the country. Mexico is saying that it does not need any more poor people to be imported from outside it's borders, thank you. This is a good policy and one the USA should conisder. Bringing in millions of poor people is a great wayto decrease the standard of living for all current citizens.
Old 11-12-12, 08:54 PM   #17
DENNIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncampion
Mexico is saying that it does not need any more poor people to be imported from outside it's borders, thank you.
The irony in your statement is overwhelming.
Amigo Arizona
This message has been deleted by Amigo Arizona.
Old 11-12-12, 11:24 PM   #18
Amigo Arizona

Amigo Arizona is on a distinguished road

Are they still going to give a credit if you own your own home?
Old 11-13-12, 09:01 AM   #19
kate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo Arizona
Are they still going to give a credit if you own your own home?
Posts on other forums are so contradictory as to be almost meaningless. One person applying for Residente Permanente said their INM told them to supply their fideicomiso to get the discount. Another said their lawyer told them it's not permitted as a Residente Permanente to hold a fideicomiso, and that they may have to form a corporation and "sell" their home to themselves (yeah, right). Chaos reigns.

I suppose anything is possible, but could you imagine every foreign homeowner in BCS having to form a corporation? Talk about encouraging small businesses …
Old 11-13-12, 11:58 AM   #20
Marty Cortez

Marty Cortez is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate
...Chaos reigns...
I love Mexico.

But I wouldn't say the randomness completely negates the usefulness of inquiry like this. Just knowing that is the way it is gives one a leg up on somebody who thinks it cut and dried.

Helps to be prepared.