Building your Baja dream home Advice, photos and ideas...

Old 12-06-12, 03:27 PM   #1
BigWooo

BigWooo is on a distinguished road

Default Where to find RG6 coax cable

I'm moving my Hughesnet modem and need to buy some RG6 coax cable with solid copper core. In the U.S., I'm only able to find it in 100 foot or 1000 foot rolls. Of course I need 110 feet

Finding it with solid copper core is a bit difficult as most places sell it with a copper clad core. The Hughesnet system requires solid copper.

Anyone know of a source in Baja for this stuff? Anywhere along the main highway between Ensenada and Ciudad Constitucion (or even La Paz) would work as I have to travel that part of the highway soon.

Thanks
Old 12-06-12, 04:41 PM   #2
kate

kate is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Where to find RG6 coax cable

There's a place called El Sonido at Ramírez and 5 de Mayo where they sell different types of cable for electronics. I could easily check there for you, but how would I know it if I saw it? Any idea how to specify it en español? Do you need just the extra 10 feet or all 110 feet?
Old 12-06-12, 06:11 PM   #3
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Any Sky TV installers in your area? I'm sure one of them would be willing to cut you a deal...

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 12-07-12, 10:00 PM   #4
CDN_JOHNNY

CDN_JOHNNY is on a distinguished road

There is also a place called El Arco in La Paz that will cut to length.

I bought Cat 5e from them cut to length about 250 ft at what I thought was a reasonable price considering back home they only sell by the box of 1000ft.
Old 12-08-12, 08:45 AM   #5
BigWooo

BigWooo is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the replies.

I completely forgot about El Arco. Been there way too many times. I bet they have exactly what I need. If I strike out, the guy I bought my internet from said he's ship some down to me.