General Discussion If it's Baja Related but Don't Know Where? Post it Here...

Old 03-18-13, 09:57 AM   #1
Mr Wahoo

Mr Wahoo is on a distinguished road

Default Drip Line

Looking for drip line plugs. You know, the ones that go on the end of the line, after all the emitters. Home depot in rosarito didnt have them, maybe the home depot in ensenada? Thank You.
Old 03-18-13, 08:19 PM   #2
Teniente

Teniente is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Drip Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Wahoo
Looking for drip line plugs. You know, the ones that go on the end of the line, after all the emitters. Home depot in rosarito didnt have them, maybe the home depot in ensenada? Thank You.

Nope
Old 03-19-13, 08:26 AM   #3
DOM

DOM is on a distinguished road

Talking Re: Drip Line

Just bend the line 180 degrees and put a piece of wire around it to hold it thier. The Baja way.
I don't need no stinking plugs !!!
Old 03-19-13, 09:16 AM   #4
David K

David K is on a distinguished road

You asked this on Nomad, and I gave a detailed reply there, and others did too...

I don't recommend using a twist wire, because flushing the lines is part of your maintenance to keep the drip lines clean. Instead, use a 1" PVC coupling or a short 2"-3" long piece of 1" thin wall pipe, or 1 1/4" sch. 40 pipe... Bend over the last 6" of drip hose and slide the coupling or piece of pipe over the fold to keep it closed.

They make a drip hose part called a figure 8 end, but sounds like none are in Baja? It keeps the line folded over.

You want to flush clean the lines after the installation, and then every 3/ 6/ or 12 months (depending on water quality). Solids in the water will build up at the end of the lines... Leave a couple extra feet of plain hose after the last emitter, to keep it from clogging too soon.

An inexpensive 'wye' filter with a 150 mesh cleanable screen inside should be at the start of the system to help it run trouble free!
Old 03-19-13, 05:32 PM   #5
Uzun

Uzun is on a distinguished road

I've used rubberbands/twist ties in the past, they dont hold long. Best to get the plastic clips that keep the folded line intact. They do sell them at all the San Diego area home depots, but the employees rarely know what you are talking about or where to find them.
Old 03-19-13, 05:44 PM   #6
Mr Wahoo

Mr Wahoo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by David K
You asked this on Nomad, and I gave a detailed reply there, and others did too...

I don't recommend using a twist wire, because flushing the lines is part of your maintenance to keep the drip lines clean. Instead, use a 1" PVC coupling or a short 2"-3" long piece of 1" thin wall pipe, or 1 1/4" sch. 40 pipe... Bend over the last 6" of drip hose and slide the coupling or piece of pipe over the fold to keep it closed.

They make a drip hose part called a figure 8 end, but sounds like none are in Baja? It keeps the line folded over.

You want to flush clean the lines after the installation, and then every 3/ 6/ or 12 months (depending on water quality). Solids in the water will build up at the end of the lines... Leave a couple extra feet of plain hose after the last emitter, to keep it from clogging too soon.

An inexpensive 'wye' filter with a 150 mesh cleanable screen inside should be at the start of the system to help it run trouble free!
Im sorry, david I know the figure 8. they didnt have it, Located the end plug, we had it in our accumulated crap. thank you for your response. Sorry i didnt get back. GOLFING. THX, DENNIS