Introduce Yourself to the Forum A good place to "dip your toe in the pool". Let the other forums know your connection/interest in Baja...

Old 11-06-13, 10:19 PM   #1
MarcieFlajole

MarcieFlajole is on a distinguished road

Default Thinking about retiring in baja

Hello,

I am thinking about retiring in baja, possibly in San Quentin. I heard the website manager was assaulted. Does he still live there?
Old 11-07-13, 07:49 AM   #2
tjsue

tjsue is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Thinking about retiring in baja

Yes, he does.
Old 11-07-13, 08:57 AM   #3
larry

larry is on a distinguished road

Smile Re: Thinking about retiring in baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcieFlajole
Hello,

I am thinking about retiring in baja, possibly in San Quentin. I heard the website manager was assaulted. Does he still live there?
I think you would prefer living in San Quintin vs. San Quentin(prison).
Old 11-07-13, 10:25 AM   #4
Woooosh

Woooosh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hello,

"Assaulted" is an understatemet. He and his wife were brutally slashed, attacked and left for dead- which was only prevented by the local community who rallied behind them, and still do. Crime is everywhere, good neighbors are not. Go with good neighbors- becasue the criminals are always on the move and come and go in waves. jmho
Old 11-07-13, 08:30 PM   #5
Teniente

Teniente is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hello,

One suggestion would be before you get real excited about San Quintin, you might want to take a drive down there and check it out.

I don't know what your "wants" or "needs" are, but you should probably make a list of both, and see what San Quintin has.

After you do that, you might want to rent a place there for about 6 months and see if it is for you.