Baja Roads, Weather & Services Road Conditions, New Construction, Weather Reports and More

Old 10-15-09, 08:45 PM   #1
kate

kate is on a distinguished road

Default T.S. Rick

Here we go again, though it's still far too early to tell how close it will get to us.

Old 10-15-09, 09:27 PM   #2
longlegsinlapaz

longlegsinlapaz is on a distinguished road

Default Re: T.S. Rick

My Niagara skylite scheduled to be removed & cement frame poured for it to sit on Friday AM....with installation of new skylite late Saturday. This looks like it'll be an excellent test....or quite possibly OVERKILL!
Old 10-16-09, 05:19 AM   #3
BigWooo

BigWooo is on a distinguished road

I sure hope this track goes out into the Pacific. I know there are bigger concerns with a hurricane than our move to Mexico, but the two most recent storms have caused a lot of damage to the dirt road to our house. I'm not sure if it will be in good enough shape next month to tow our cargo trailer in. With a new storm....forget it. Looks like we'll be paying storage fees for a while.
Old 10-16-09, 07:03 AM   #4
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

BigWoo - You would be amazed that after living down here for awhile how your standard for a "passable road" changes. It's all part of your "Baja expertise" that you will develop...

Legz - I am quite disappointed that you chose to hire someone else to do the skylight job. There is no one better than myself for such a task and I have been hard at work coming up with an estimate for you. I was just about to send it to you after working out the logistics but I can tell you that my budget estimate did include first class airfare down and back, 5 star hotel accommodations, unlimited room service, expense account and a few other minor necessities that would all have come in at a bargain price for you and your roof.

Your loss...

Old 10-16-09, 10:13 AM   #5
longlegsinlapaz

And deprive some locals of work? Though your method would have generated more revenue to the Feds....what with airfare & that 5-star accommodation with hot & cold running room service. All you'd have gotten here would have been the spare room with two little cuties....'errrrr, I mean two vicious pit bulls....passing through occasionally to use the doggie door! But I gotta tell ya, they don't share their food too well!

Maybe if your estimate had been streamlined a tiny bit, you'd have gotten it submitted before the deadline! One other plus is that the workers I'm using won't be bringing no catch & release viboras to mi casa! Personally, for me, 200 meters is WAY to close to have released that damn snake. Rosarito/Punta Banda/Catavina/Ensenada would have been mucho mejor!!
Old 10-16-09, 11:25 AM   #6
BajaGringo

Well, you know what they say - you get what you pay for. Don't expect too much sympathy when your "repaired" skylight has a damp, dark oval ring around it and dripping on your floor. That first class air ticket and "small" hotel bill would seem cheap right about then...

Old 10-16-09, 02:17 PM   #7
longlegsinlapaz

OMG!!!! They've put the dreaded words Catagory 5 into print.....as in:

"UNLESS DEVELOPMENT IS INTERRUPTED BY AN EYEWALL REPLACEMENT CYCLE...AN ALTERNATIVE FORECAST SCENARIO IS THAT RICK CONTINUES TO STRENGTHEN UNTIL IT APPROACHES THE MAXIMUM POTENTIAL INTENSITY FOR THAT AREA...WHICH IS CATEGORY FIVE STRENGTH."

BG....Since "3rd time is a charm", I promise you're next up in the batters box!
Old 10-16-09, 04:38 PM   #8
BajaNuts1

BajaNuts1 is on a distinguished road

Legs,
isn't there one of those "no-tell-motel"'s not too far from your place?!? Wouldn't that classify as "first class" accommodations for 'Gringo?

And since they rent by the hour, the minute the skylight is done, he'd have to check out, saving you lots of money paying for another night's sleep.

all in good fun~~~

Texas Creek Products | Hot Sauce, Dips, Glazes & Spice Mix
Old 10-16-09, 08:02 PM   #9
BajaGringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by longlegsinlapaz
BG....Since "3rd time is a charm", I promise you're next up in the batters box!