Introduce Yourself to the Forum A good place to "dip your toe in the pool". Let the other forums know your connection/interest in Baja...

Old 01-23-10, 09:28 PM   #1
katscorner

katscorner is on a distinguished road

Cool Moving to Baja in 2 months

Hi everyone, I just discovered this forum and found it absolutely interesting and love the stories by "Baja Gringo" he made it very interesting to read about the change.

My daughter already lives in a good part of TJ where it has the guards and she rents a 1 bedroom apartment for $240 a month. My son already lives there too with his wife. My daughter feels more at home in Baja then San Diego.

I also rented a 2 bedroom 1 bath Condo and getting it ready to move in and am I scared to death to make the change. Currently I have managed an apartment complex of 76 units for over 12 years and ready to make the change.

Started my own business on ebay and will be soon making the change. I visit almost every weekend and enjoy Mexico. I speak Spanish and love their culture, my friends think I am crazy because of the violence but if you don't look for trouble you are fine.
Well just wanted to introduce myself.
Old 01-24-10, 08:30 AM   #2
Marty Cortez

Marty Cortez is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Moving to Baja in 2 months

Thanks for joining and participating.
Old 01-24-10, 01:02 PM   #3
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Welcome Kat - keep your wits about you like you would in any large/busy city where danger exists. A lot of common sense and command of the Spanish language should help you through any bumps in the road...
Old 01-24-10, 05:37 PM   #4
katscorner

Cool Re: Moving to Baja in 2 months

Thanks everyone! We already go to church here and have some friends already. It takes common sense about being okay anywhere and I appreciate your thoughts on it. We are only starting here in TJ and maybe looking to live in San Felipe eventually. We were there in September and loved it.

Just want to get a footing into seeing if I can make this work on the internet and all. Maybe you could suggest some communities that are good and I love to live near the beach.,

So thanks and I look forward to posting on this site as I make the move.
Old 01-25-10, 02:41 PM   #5
katscorner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Cortez

Thanks for joining and participating.
Thanks Marty I look to posting and hearing everyone's experience here in Baja
Old 01-27-10, 06:57 AM   #6
Wanna'GO

Wanna'GO is on a distinguished road

I have announced to the world my last day work is October 29, 2010.
We are moving to The Cove Community. It is 10-15 miles form Santa Rosalia and 25 miles from Mulege. We have one move house to bulid. Have the boat, that was the first thing put in to place. Now we are looking for a 30-32 feet 5th wheel to live in as we bulid.
Have been talking about putting the 5th wheel on the ferry and not taking it down the hwy.
Understand what you are saying about

Please let me know what you have find out about the ferry in Santa Rosalia. I will keep looking also.
Old 02-01-10, 12:51 PM   #7
katscorner

I know exactly how you feel and hopefully will be able this month to give my notice for April, 2010. Can't wait so take care have a great week!