Baja Kitchen & Bar Recipes Kahlua, Cactus, Tequila, Hot Sauce and a Cuisinart

Old 01-25-10, 05:43 PM   #1
wessongroup

wessongroup is on a distinguished road

Default Tamales with character

I know a lot of you are down South, but what the hey... it's all good...

This past Saturday, we had a somewhat unusual experience, the lady who normally comes by every Saturday to sell Tamales and Burritos in our area, knocked on our door. She had taken a taxi from her house to tell us she was not able to prepare any this week due to the storm and wanted to apologize for not being able to fulfill her duties to here normal customers.

We were both stuck by this thoughtfulness and the degree of “customer service” this nice lady had implemented, as it was the thing to do, in her mind.

My wife told her not to worry about it, and we would be happy to purchase product when every she was able to get things completed.

She indicated that she needed to make a trip to Rosarito for additional ingredients and their truck was not going to be able to make it.. She arrived the next day on Sunday at 9:30 A.M. her usual time.

This lady, like most of the people around us work very hard every day with a work ethic one does not see very often today.

It was with this in mind we would like to afford this family of hard working folks a little air time for a job well done, and at the same time bring to our door on Saturdays some of the best eats we have ever had, when it comes to Tamales and Burritos.

If you live in or our going through the Primo Tapia area, we wish you could give this lady an opportunity for some of your business. I’m sure you will not be disappointed with excellent work from her kitchen.

Here name is Aurora Tejeda and her phone number is 661-108-8833. Ask for her or her daughter Cristal, I’m sure it will work out fine.

Burritos: Tamales:

Chorizo, beans Red- Pork or Red- Beef

Molida’s Red- Chicken
Ground beef with potatos and chile
Green Chile with pork
Sobrada’s
Shredded beef with Potatos and Beans Sweet Tamales

Cheese and Jalapeno

Pricing is $1.00 dollar each or one dozen Tamales is $11 dollars and/or $12 dollars per dozen on the Burritos delivered to your door.

Would like to pay this lady back for her excellent food and super customer service we don’t see very often, with some folks that have appatites for really good food at very reasonable prices.

Also that is her husband in the truck, it is a family operation.

Sorry the items are not coming out right... for a different view

http://web.me.com/wswesson/Wessongro...character.html

Last edited by wessongroup; 01-25-10 at 05:45 PM. Reason: spacing on items not coming out right
Old 01-25-10, 07:32 PM   #2
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Tamales with character

Orale!
Old 05-31-13, 06:58 PM   #3
hawkeye43

hawkeye43 is on a distinguished road

what area is this
I am in sadm
Old 05-31-13, 07:58 PM   #4
wessongroup

Baja North .... km 44.5 was where we stay, just north of Puerto Nuevo with Primo Tapia to the south about 3 or 4 miles

Old 06-02-13, 02:49 PM   #5
larry

larry is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wessongroup
I know a lot of you are down South, but what the hey... it's all good...

This past Saturday, we had a somewhat unusual experience, the lady who normally comes by every Saturday to sell Tamales and Burritos in our area, knocked on our door. She had taken a taxi from her house to tell us she was not able to prepare any this week due to the storm and wanted to apologize for not being able to fulfill her duties to here normal customers.

We were both stuck by this thoughtfulness and the degree of “customer service” this nice lady had implemented, as it was the thing to do, in her mind.

My wife told her not to worry about it, and we would be happy to purchase product when every she was able to get things completed.

She indicated that she needed to make a trip to Rosarito for additional ingredients and their truck was not going to be able to make it.. She arrived the next day on Sunday at 9:30 A.M. her usual time.

This lady, like most of the people around us work very hard every day with a work ethic one does not see very often today.

It was with this in mind we would like to afford this family of hard working folks a little air time for a job well done, and at the same time bring to our door on Saturdays some of the best eats we have ever had, when it comes to Tamales and Burritos.

If you live in or our going through the Primo Tapia area, we wish you could give this lady an opportunity for some of your business. I’m sure you will not be disappointed with excellent work from her kitchen.

Here name is Aurora Tejeda and her phone number is 661-108-8833. Ask for her or her daughter Cristal, I’m sure it will work out fine.

Burritos: Tamales:

Chorizo, beans Red- Pork or Red- Beef

Molida’s Red- Chicken
Ground beef with potatos and chile
Green Chile with pork
Sobrada’s
Shredded beef with Potatos and Beans Sweet Tamales

Cheese and Jalapeno

Pricing is $1.00 dollar each or one dozen Tamales is $11 dollars and/or $12 dollars per dozen on the Burritos delivered to your door.

Would like to pay this lady back for her excellent food and super customer service we don’t see very often, with some folks that have appatites for really good food at very reasonable prices.

Also that is her husband in the truck, it is a family operation.

Sorry the items are not coming out right... for a different view

http://web.me.com/wswesson/Wessongro...character.html
If we call do they speak any English? I don't mind driving to Primo Tapia, do they have a store?
Old 06-02-13, 05:48 PM   #6
wessongroup

No store, she made them at her home ....... very, very little english .... wife used to speak with her

Have no idea if she is even alive, at this time ...... sorry
Old 06-02-13, 07:53 PM   #7
larry

larry is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wessongroup
No store, she made them at her home ....... very, very little english .... wife used to speak with her

Have no idea if she is even alive, at this time ...... sorry
I thought you were posting recent info
Old 06-03-13, 11:13 AM   #8
Woooosh

Woooosh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
I thought you were posting recent info
yeah, the thread is a few years old. Sometimes new members don't know about the "Today's Posts" tab- which keeps the most current threads on top.