Baja News Wire Latest News from Baja California, Mexico

Old 03-13-11, 09:10 PM   #1
Tacho

Tacho is on a distinguished road

Default My Favorite Character In The Film Is The Camera

Burro Hall: A Weapon In the Courtroom

"...we finally watched the film "Presumed Guilty"...it was the most shocking thing we've seen in quite some time...

...It's almost as if they have some small sense of shame about the fact they are deliberately sending an innocent man to jail for murder.

Just kidding! As the trial unfolds, with cameras rolling, neither the cops, nor the prosecutor, nor most shamefully the judge, makes any attempt to pretend that the proceedings are anything but an obligatory, inconvenient formality...
Quote:
"The first time we entered the courtroom with our cameras, everyone started yelling in a panic. In a way, my favorite character in the film is the camera; its presence has incredible importance in a system that is corrupt and that is used to operating in the shadows. The camera illuminates so many things, and there’s a hope that the illumination it brings will also bring change.

"In Mexico, the actual litigation system makes no sense, and it makes no sense to be an attorney – you cannot advance justice under the rules and practices set in place. That’s why I always think that the camera is a weapon in the courtroom."
- Google Search