Baja News Wire Latest News from Baja California, Mexico

Old 05-28-10, 07:04 AM   #1
wessongroup

wessongroup is on a distinguished road

Default Beauty queen: 'I'm Miss USA, not Miss Religion USA'

Never thought something good would come from one of these... as usual I was wrong

Beauty queen: 'I'm Miss USA, not Miss Religion USA' - Faith & Reason
Attached Images

Last edited by wessongroup; 05-28-10 at 01:07 PM.
Old 05-28-10, 01:09 PM   #2
wessongroup

Default Re: Beauty queen: 'I'm Miss USA, not Miss Religion USA'

bump, for picture and a link that works.. a much more balanced thinking on the issue of religion in the states...
Old 05-28-10, 01:23 PM   #3
Bajahowodd

Bajahowodd is an unknown quantity at this point

At the distinct risk of offending someone, what I see here is an example of the difference between evangelical fanaticism and the rest of us. Any religion that aggressively teaches its own superiority, encourages its adherents to actively recruit others, or teaches that those of other faiths are the enemy, are not good for society.

That's why I cringe when people in the US of certain faiths actively work to restrict the behavior of others while condemning the same practices in, say, the Middle East.

Since I lived nearby for many years, I'm reminded that it was not very long ago that Pepperdine University would not allow dancing on campus. How different is that from the folks in charge of a Muslim region in Indonesia banning form-fitting and abbreviated attire on women?
Old 05-28-10, 01:31 PM   #4
wessongroup

Not much.. we don't have disagreement on this one... was really happy to see that her family has such a mix... and they are all still talking ... she is a Muslim... who would have thought.. from the picture.. and her responses in the interview... again, congratulations to a Pageant which I have in the past thought of as not providing any really positive and worthwhile positive results for society ....

Again, once again... I'm proved wrong.. this may do some REAL good for many, many folks out there... shows a truth that can't be disputed... many faiths can live together and progress ..... it's a nice thought

One can hope.... still I hope..