Visas for travel and living in Baja California, Mexico FMM / FM3 / FM2 / Mexican Citizenship?

Old 10-16-11, 01:41 AM   #1
BluChunx

BluChunx is on a distinguished road

Default Miss a deadline, lose years toward citizenship

I just heard from a visa service that they were just told that...

If you miss the renewal deadline of the visa by even ONE day, you lose your accumulated years toward citizenship (so we're talking FM2s).

So far I haven't heard about any other harsh consequences that might apply to an FM3. It would be good to ask.

- - - - -

By the way, did you know that, at this time, if you get a work permit, they don't ask you about verifying income any more for visa renewals? I was surprised at that.
Old 10-16-11, 07:22 AM   #2
rplarry

rplarry is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Miss a deadline, lose years toward citizenship

I haven't missed a renewal date yet but I know a person who did and they were assesed a fine to renew their fm2 without losing any years. As I remember the fine was several hundred dollars.
Larry
Off grid in BoLA, 2 stacked Outback 2812 inverters, Outback FM 80 and MX 60 controller, 12 190 watt evergreen panels on 2 solar trackers, Kubota 6500w diesel gen. 6-2 volt 2000 ah Enersys DDM 125-33 AGM batteries.