General Discussion If it's Baja Related but Don't Know Where? Post it Here...

Old 07-04-10, 03:44 PM   #1
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Default I officialy now am in heaven...

We all have our personal preferences as to little things that we "require" to have on hand or available that really makes things "complete" down here in Baja. I suppose it is different for everybody, ranging from your Dreyers ice cream to Cuban cigars.

Being the "tinkerer" that I am, I need a good machine shop that will not only help me put together some of the crazy ideas I have but who also are very creative craftsmen who really help to enhance the myriad of projects I always seem to be working on with fresh ideas and a different perspective.

Well hallelujah!

I found Alberto, the owner of a small machine shop here in town a couple of weeks ago on the advice of a mutual friend. I have taken a few projects to him now and he is proving himself to be a great asset. My last project was getting him to help me to build a great, heavy duty pivoting base for my wind turbine that will make routine maintenance a breeze.

His family are farmers and he always sends me home with the truck seat full of fresh vegetables. He charges such reasonable prices for his work I almost feel guilty taking all the free food. Living down here off grid and building a home is so much easier with the help of someone like Alberto and I hope I don't scare him off when he sees the rest of my list of projects.

Just another reason why I so love this area...

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 07-04-10, 04:21 PM   #2
longlegsinlapaz

longlegsinlapaz is on a distinguished road

Default Re: I officialy now am in heaven...

You & Alberto...."marriage" made in heaven! Just don't go messing with fate by giving him Cadillac Margaritas in exchange for fresh produce!
Old 07-05-10, 05:54 AM   #3
BigWooo

BigWooo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by longlegsinlapaz
You & Alberto...."marriage" made in heaven! Just don't go messing with fate by giving him Cadillac Margaritas in exchange for fresh produce!
Your wind tower might lean like the lighthouse in Loreto if you're not careful with the CM's
Old 07-05-10, 04:30 PM   #4
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWooo
Your wind tower might lean like the lighthouse in Loreto if you're not careful with the CM's
That's why I will bring in some "professional" help for that key task...

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic