Introduce Yourself to the Forum A good place to "dip your toe in the pool". Let the other forums know your connection/interest in Baja...

Old 09-08-10, 06:36 PM   #1
Jill

Jill is on a distinguished road

Default Jill, Ray and Maizy - Our Adventure Continues

Hola all. We're heading to Baja Norte from Ajijic. Ray likes running along beaches and the malecon in Ajijic isn't cutting it. We'd like to get a flavor of the Ensenada area and are looking at a Jan-Feb-Mar rental in Plaza del Mar. Does anyone have any information about the Plaza del Mar community and its location? A big priority for me a health/fitness club - any recommendations? And, any other information - musts, don'ts, heads ups would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to meeting new friends. Thanks mucho, Jill
Old 09-09-10, 09:08 AM   #2
BajaGringo

BajaGringo is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Jill, Ray and Maizy - Our Adventure Continues

Welcome to the forum Jill. I am curious if you are decided on the Plaza del Mar area or would you consider other areas? Plaza del Mar is located about a 35 to 40 minute drive north of Ensenada along the toll road. Maybe some of our Ensenada area members could give you some recommendations down there?

TalkBaja.com - Where everybody knows your name and nobody stays on topic
Old 09-09-10, 10:53 AM   #3
Jill

Jill is on a distinguished road

Wowzer - we found a vrbo in Plaza del Mar that looks great and we want to explore the whole area. My thinking is we will end up long term in Ensenada. The problem = owner told us it was a 20 minute drive to Ensenada and health clubs. I work with a personal trainer here in Ajijic, but I love aerobics and need gym equipment and really need people and have the goal to loose weight and get healthy. But an hour to an hour and a half commute to work out 4 to 5 times a week is a serious haul. Another question - are we going to have to listen to traffic from the toll road [the condo is farthest from the road and closest to the cliff/ocean]? Another question - are there cultural activitities [concerts etc] during the day in Ensenada as we will not drive at night? Thanks mucho, Queso Grande
Old 09-09-10, 07:20 PM   #4
Teniente

Teniente is on a distinguished road

Jill

I sent a message to your e-mail address

Teniente
Old 09-09-10, 10:02 PM   #5
wessongroup

wessongroup is on a distinguished road

Welcome, I'm sure you both will find what you are looking for ... in the area.... some really nice locations... and folks.... have fun...